16%
Joshua - Decision
3%

Total votes: 224

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua - OFF

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury have agreed terms for a two-fight deal, says promoter Eddie Hearn

Anthony Joshua has reached an agreement with Tyson Fury on a two-fight deal, says promoter Eddie Hearn.

Britain's rival champions have been holding talks over an undisputed world heavyweight title fight and have thrashed out initial terms for two blockbuster battles.

"We're making great progress," Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn exclusively told Sky Sports News. "There is still a lot to overcome. We are looking at venues and dates.

"We have the Dillian Whyte mandatory which is due before this fight.

"It's fair to say [Joshua and Fury] are in agreement regarding the financial terms of the fight.

"We've been talking to [Fury's management team] MTK, giving them the assurances from Joshua's side that all the details on the structure of the deal is approved from our side. And it is from Fury's side, as well.

"We're in a good place. It's fair to say that, in principle, both guys have agreed to that fight. Two fights.

"A lot to overcome in the meantime. We're moving in the right direction. I'm confident that both guys have giving their blessing for the fight to go ahead."
Last edited by Ruthless-RKO on 03 Oct 2022, 10:19, edited 15 times in total.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Re: Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua - TBA

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Now we just need to wait for Arum or Frank to come out and say Eddie is talking crap. bla bla..

They just want to announce things first.
Flump
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Flump »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 10:15 Now we just need to wait for Arum or Frank to come out and say Eddie is talking crap. bla bla..

They just want to announce things first.
So I'm confused on the timeline. Fury has to beat the dangerous Wilder and Whyte, while all Joshua has to do is roll over the limited Pulev and the decks are clear?
joshj909
Bantamweight

Post by joshj909 »

All we know so far is that it will be for two fights next year. Confirmed by Eddie and Fury that the structure of it all has been agreed but need to sort contracts and fine points.

I imagine this means after Wilder and Pulev have to have been beaten. Not 100% sure about Whyte but I imagine Fury would have to face him first aswell otherwise Whyte will no doubt be looking elsewhere (am I imagining that the WBC said they wouldn't move Whyte's 2021 mandatory fight under any circumstances?). AJ could face Usyk in the meantime but that would probably be too risky and I'm sure Hearn can arrange some step aside money so he gets the first shot at the unified champ.

There will no doubt be some spanners thrown in the works by Frank.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

This just means they have agreed financial terms.. split or whatever..

Now they gotta work out venue, dates, step-a-side money if needed.
Cyclops
Super Middleweight

Post by Cyclops »

Fury seems to think that it's on:

jameswilson
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jameswilson »

Tyson and John Fury have done an interview with Bunce, Fury’s done some stuff on his personal social media and Eddie Hearn has done an interview that seems to be from yesterday. In Fury’s piece he gives credit to MTK.

Sometime next week Arum and old bog eyes will have caught up.
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

Queensbury have released a statement saying Hearn is dealing directly with Kinihan. Kind of contradicts the idea he isn’t in charge of MTK any more.
JimJim2009
Super Middleweight

Post by JimJim2009 »

jameswilson wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 12:31 Tyson and John Fury have done an interview with Bunce, Fury’s done some stuff on his personal social media and Eddie Hearn has done an interview that seems to be from yesterday. In Fury’s piece he gives credit to MTK.

:lol:
Noxy
Super Lightweight

Post by Noxy »

Yes.
margaret thatcher
Flyweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

They gotta at least agree on the terms first among themselves, let's see now if step asides are actually offered instead of just talked about

Personally I'd rather see this than Fury-Wilder yet again and AJ-Puly
rd350lc
Super Featherweight

Post by rd350lc »

Shhhh wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 14:11 Its impossible to get excited for this announcement. Pulev, wilder, whyte have to be dealt with. Plus all the event logistics. This is a big yawn.
That's what I was thinking , lots of things could derail this ever happening , gets tongues wagging tho I suppose .
margaret thatcher
Flyweight

jameswilson wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 12:31 Tyson and John Fury have done an interview with Bunce, Fury’s done some stuff on his personal social media and Eddie Hearn has done an interview that seems to be from yesterday. In Fury’s piece he gives credit to MTK.

Bog eyes was at least already talking last week about a big step aside offer being secured, not sure about Bobby
DrDuke
Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

Hopefully it happens. Instead of all this mismatches like Fury-Wilder 3, Joshua-Pulev. It must be on next. That will be a fitting compensation for the damn virus related hiatus of the sports.
MarkMcBurney
Super Lightweight

Post by MarkMcBurney »

Shhhh wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 14:11 Its impossible to get excited for this announcement. Pulev, wilder, whyte have to be dealt with. Plus all the event logistics. This is a big yawn.
Whyte doesn't have to be dealt with; unification takes precedent over a mandatory so he will get the winner.
Boxerbeetle
Welterweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

I’ll believe it when they’re in the ring.
Bigdogsnose
Lightweight

Post by Bigdogsnose »

It maybe that the coronavirus crisis, loads of daft fookers smashing up town centres, poor maddie, every fooker losing their jobs and the fact its pissed down all day has slightly doused my normally positive outlook on life.....but with the small matters of pulev, wilder, possibly whyte, hearn, fwank and a global pandemic to get through....i aint all that arsed about this announcement.
Richard Mia
Flyweight

Post by Richard Mia »

All we waiting for this highly competitive match. Also, we know that the game held on next year.However, i am the biggest fan of Tyson Fury i love her right hand punches and fighting style. Both are the two time heavy weight champion. Anthony is the unified heavyweight champion. But the Tyson have more experience in kickboxing, Muay Thai, MMA all these are the heavyweight categories.
I'm so glad for this fight and waiting to watch in the club.
MasterG
Super Flyweight

Post by MasterG »

Sounds like the fight will be May 2021, no venue mentioned as yet.

Fury all wrong for AJ.
margaret thatcher
Flyweight

Not for a year, absolutely no details, all sorts of step asides required, it's a certainty!
bigjack
Light Heavyweight

Post by bigjack »

MarkMcBurney wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 15:49
Whyte doesn't have to be dealt with; unification takes precedent over a mandatory so he will get the winner.
After any rematch that is
Rockytony67
Super Lightweight

Post by Rockytony67 »

MarkMcBurney wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 15:49
But does he get the winner of the first fight or does wait for the winner of the rematch, I have no idea :doh:
BigDoofus
Featherweight

Post by BigDoofus »

Joshua asked for $50m to fight Wilder in the States. He was offered $50m and back-pedalled faster than Michael Jackson.
A few days later Hearn used the excuse that there wasn't a contract.
What's the difference with this announcement?
brian13
Super Middleweight

Post by brian13 »

BigDoofus wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 08:52 Joshua asked for $50m to fight Wilder in the States. He was offered $50m and back-pedalled faster than Michael Jackson.
A few days later Hearn used the excuse that there wasn't a contract.
What's the difference with this announcement?
Wilder was never going to take the AJ fight. Wilder has rubbish defence, Fury got robbed then KO'ed him.

Wilder was trying to stay relevant off AJ's name and thought Fury was going to be a walk in the park the first time, he fought him.
NoScoutingReports
Bantamweight

Post by NoScoutingReports »

Boxerbeetle wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 17:46 I’ll believe it when they’re in the ring.
This.