Page 1 of 1
Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020 (OFF)
Posted: 15 Oct 2020, 15:34
by Ruthless-RKO
Press Release
Demetrius Andrade will face Dusty Harrison over ten rounds at Super-Middleweight on Friday November 27 from Hard Rock Live at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, live on DAZN
WBO World Middleweight champion Andrade (29-0 18 KOs) is in action following the third successful defense of his belt in January with a ninth round stoppage win over Luke Keeler in Miami.
The Rhode Island star returns to the Sunshine State for the second time in 2020, and while the 32 year old intends to defend his crown in early 2021, Andrade is testing the waters for a move up to 168lbs in the future where he would be gunning to become a three-weight World champion.
‘Boo Boo’ has his eyes set on his fellow champions at Middleweight, his mandatory challenger Liam Williams and the kings up at 168lbs, but the 32 year old boogeyman of the division is keen to remain active and look to his future plans while waiting for those big nights.
“It’s me again,” said Andrade.
“I thought long and hard about this and at the end of the day, this is another opportunity for me to go out there, get another win, look spectacular doing it, and testing what my body feels like at 168 pounds. I am fighting a young, undefeated guy, who was a good amateur and has been waiting for his moment. This is his moment, fighting me. I need to make sure I’m ready because he’s hungry and beating me changes his life.
“Is this the big fight I wanted, or have been chasing? No. But what am I supposed to do? Sit here and keep waiting for someone to answer the phone or accept one of Eddie’s offers? I’m in the prime of my career and I want to stay busy and fight as much as possible. With everything going on with COVID, you don’t know what’s going to happen. I have the opportunity to fight now, and I’m taking it. My job is to go out there, take care of business on November 27 and then 2021, it’s time for one of these big names to step up to the plate. You can’t duck me forever. Let’s give the fans what they want and deserve to see.”
Harrison (34-0-1 20 KOs) is an undefeated contender at 168lbs and ready to rip up Andrade’s script. Harrison’s earlier pro success featured at Welterweight back in 2016 before personal issues led him to walk away from the sport, but now the 26 year old former amateur star is on a new path with four stoppage wins around Super-Middleweight and he’s ready to shine on the biggest night of his career.
“This is the opportunity I have been waiting for my entire life,” said Harrison.
“This is why I started boxing. All of the time I have dedicated to this sport, I finally get my opportunity to show the world who I am and what I am capable of on November 27. Demetrius talks a big game, and says he is the boogeyman of the division, but who has he fought? Then he goes out, fights whoever it is, runs around the ring, picks up a win and goes back to running his mouth. He says that he is one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, then ok, so be it, on November 27 I take his spot. I know that people are going to doubt me going into this fight, and that is fine. That fuels my energy. Keep doubting me. Andrade doesn’t know what he got himself into. He better be ready when we step into that ring because I coming for him.”
“This is a vital night for Demetrius to both stay active and see how he feels up at Super-Middleweight,” said promoter Eddie Hearn.
“Demetrius is after those massive fights at both 160lbs and 168lbs and 2021 promises to be a huge year for him, but he cannot take Dusty lightly, as those big plans go out of the window on a night where Harrison can take his career to new heights.”
Andrade’s clash with Harrison is part of the action in Florida, topped by Daniel Jacobs’ grudge match with Gabriel Rosado at Super-Middleweight.
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 15 Oct 2020, 15:38
by Ruthless-RKO
Former Welterweight turned Super-Middleweight after 2-3 years out.. now challenging for the Middleweight belt.
He was on the Teo-Nakatani undercard.
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 15 Oct 2020, 18:39
by Ruthless-RKO
Non title bout at 168..
He’s gonna probably vacate his 160 belt soon.
Williams will fight a nobody for that..
Andrade will probably fight BJS for his belt soon.
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 15 Oct 2020, 19:28
by gilgamesh
Andrade forever wondering why nobody cares enough to see him in a big fight while he constantly gives nobody any reason to care by fighting guys like this.
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 15 Oct 2020, 20:34
by siablo14
Trash fight.
Won't be tuning in.
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 15 Oct 2020, 23:36
by margaret thatcher
LOL
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 00:06
by alex.ua
#100 middleweight according to boxrec

Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 00:48
by Onetimeonly
What a completely useless card.
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 02:59
by Ruthless-RKO
Yeh. Main event is trash too. Wasn’t long ago Andrade said he wouldn’t fight on an undercard.
DAZN money talks
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 09:05
by Enlightened-One
In the last couple of days, we were informed of Murat Gassiev’s heavyweight debut against a blown-up cruiserweight with a garbage record.
And now I’m reading about Demetrius Andrade making his super-middleweight debut against a blown-up welterweight with a similarly garbage record!
What on earth has happened to the sport of boxing? There have been so many horrible fights announced lately!
Coincidentally, Gassiev and Andrade are both Matchroom/DAZN fighters!
Somebody needs to have a little chat with Eddie Hearn and inform him of his terrible matchmaking!
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 09:34
by Ruthless-RKO
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑16 Oct 2020, 09:05
And now I’m reading about Demetrius Andrade making his super-middleweight debut against a blown-up welterweight with a similarly garbage record!
Coincidentally, Gassiev and Andrade are both Matchroom/DAZN fighters!
Somebody needs to have a little chat with Eddie Hearn and inform him of his terrible matchmaking!
It's funny.. Andrade is going to 'test the waters' at super-middleweight by fighting a former welterweight..
You can't make this up.. More like testing himself at a higher weight..
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 12:27
by Onetimeonly
Ruthless-RKO wrote: ↑16 Oct 2020, 02:59
Yeh. Main event is trash too. Wasn’t long ago Andrade said he wouldn’t fight on an undercard.
DAZN money talks
Dazn is barely offering any product. God knows I won't sign in for this. If dazn was spending money they would just book Jacobs/andrade. I doubt I'd watch that either, but I'm sure others would be interested.
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 12:33
by JMac
Ruthless-RKO wrote: ↑16 Oct 2020, 09:34
Enlightened-One wrote: ↑16 Oct 2020, 09:05
And now I’m reading about Demetrius Andrade making his super-middleweight debut against a blown-up welterweight with a similarly garbage record!
Coincidentally, Gassiev and Andrade are both Matchroom/DAZN fighters!
Somebody needs to have a little chat with Eddie Hearn and inform him of his terrible matchmaking!
It's funny.. Andrade is going to 'test the waters' at super-middleweight by fighting a former welterweight..
You can't make this up.. More like testing himself at a higher weight..
Dusty's blown up a lot since welterweight days. He's over 200 lbs right now.
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020
Posted: 16 Oct 2020, 13:23
by Cent0089
If nothing else, at least he is undefeated. I was expecting something even worse
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020 (OFF)
Posted: 29 Oct 2020, 04:45
by Ruthless-RKO
Fights off..
Andrade’s father/trainer said Harrison was pulled.
“He was pulled. I was told the kid was weighing over 200 pounds and not close to weight with a month to go,” Andrade said, noting that the contract limit for the bout was 168 pounds. “But we are getting ready for a fight. Whoever it is doesn’t matter to us. We’re getting ready for a fight. We are in the gym and fighting next month. That’s all I know. We’ve been in training camp. My job is to get Demetrius ready to fight regardless of who we’re fighting.”
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020 (OFF)
Posted: 29 Oct 2020, 06:47
by Ruthless-RKO
Andrade on Hunt For New Opponent For Nov. 27 DAZN Bout
Middleweight world titlist Demetrius Andrade is in need of a new opponent for his 10-round nontitle bout at super middleweight on Nov. 27.
Andrade was due to face Dusty Hernandez-Harrison in the co-feature of the DAZN card headlined by a super middleweight fight between former middleweight titlist Daniel Jacobs and former title challenger Gabriel Rosado at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida.
However, Hernandez-Harrison is out of the fight, Paul Andrade, Demetrius’ father and trainer, told Boxing Scene on Wednesday night.
Matchroom Boxing announced the Andrade versus Hernandez-Harrison bout on Oct. 15 but apparently knew there were issues with Hernandez-Harrison because recently Matchroom Boxing inquired with Golden Boy Promotions about the availability of D'Mitrius Ballard for the bout, multiple sources told BS.
Although no offer was made at the time, there was an offer made on Wednesday night, a source with knowledge of the particulars said.
Ballard (20-0-1, 13 KOs), 27, of Temple Hills, Maryland, fought three times in 2019 and is coming off a 10-round majority draw with Brazil’s Yamaguchi Falcao last December in Costa Mesa, California.
Andrade (29-0, 18 KOs), 32, of Providence, Rhode Island, a former two-time junior middleweight world titlist, has made three middleweight title defenses but been unable to secure a major opponent. He would like to challenge super middleweight world titlist Billy Joe Saunders or fight middleweight titleholders Canelo Alvarez, Gennadiy Golovkin or Jermall Charlo but with those fighters have been unwilling to fight him. So, he decided to stay active by taking the fight on Nov. 27 and testing out a new division after initially saying he wouldn’t fight for the rest of the year. Andrade is coming off a ninth-round knockout of Luke Keeler on Jan. 30 in Miami.
“I thought long and hard about this and at the end of the day, this is another opportunity for me to go out there, get another win, look spectacular doing it, and testing what my body feels like at 168 pounds,” Andrade said when the fight was announced.
“Is this the big fight I wanted, or have been chasing? No. But what am I supposed to do? Sit here and keep waiting for someone to answer the phone or accept one of Eddie’s offers? I’m in the prime of my career and I want to stay busy and fight as much as possible. With everything going on with Covid, you don’t know what’s going to happen. I have the opportunity to fight now, and I’m taking it. My job is to go out there, take care of business on Nov. 27 and then 2021, it’s time for one of these big names to step up to the plate. You can’t duck me forever. Let’s give the fans what they want and deserve to see.”
Hernandez-Harrison (34-0-1, 20 KOs), 26, of Washington, D.C., a career-long welterweight/junior middleweight with no fights of note, went into a 2½-year layoff in 2016. He had legal issues stemming from an arrest on gun charges. He has won four fights in a row since resuming his career in March 2019 but has been boxing as a light heavyweight.
When the fight with Andrade was announced he was excited for it, saying at the time,
“This is the opportunity I have been waiting for my entire life. This is why I started boxing. All of the time I have dedicated to this sport, I finally get my opportunity to show the world who I am and what I am capable of on Nov. 27. Demetrius talks a big game, and says he is the boogeyman of the division, but who has he fought? Then he goes out, fights whoever it is, runs around the ring, picks up a win and goes back to running his mouth. He says that he is one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world; then ok, so be it; on Nov. 27 I take his spot. I know that people are going to doubt me going into this fight, and that is fine. That fuels my energy. Keep doubting me. Andrade doesn’t know what he got himself into. He better be ready when we step into that ring because I coming for him.”
Re: Demetrius Andrade vs. Dusty Harrison - November 27, 2020 (OFF)
Posted: 10 Nov 2020, 06:00
by Ruthless-RKO