7%
Poirier - Decision
13%

Total votes: 15

margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Re: Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 3 | UFC 264 - July 10, 2021

Post by margaret thatcher »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 01:16 Joe Rogan was sitting down interviewing McGregor like Maury when he chase the distraught baby momma backstage to get her thoughts on the negative paternity test
those shows were always unfair, dudes get boo'd and lambasted when accused of being the babby daddy, yet miss sleeps with the neighbourhood gets love and soothing and 'it'll be okay'
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

what did teddy and kellerman say
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

margaret thatcher wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 01:18 what did teddy and kellerman say
Will probably be on YouTube, but they discussed the fight. Saying Poirier was in his comfort zone, he had Con where he was most comfortable.

Con going for the early submission was him showing he didn’t really have anything else. saying since Con lost to Floyd and made his $100m he hasn’t been the same.

One guy in there looked like he was at the top of the game in his prime and the other didn’t.

Saying he has only beaten a faded Cowboy since Mayweather loss.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

that seems mostly correct
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Khabib is a stone cold mother

margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

i dont get it
p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by p4p1 »

Impractical Poster wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 01:12 Classy Conor. Him screaming at Dustin's wife calling her a ho I'm sure makes the McGregor family proud. This is the beginning of a rough trip for Conor.
Security should have let Dustin get to him.
Conor when he said he would take it outside if he had to with his broken ankle ass :lol:
margaret thatcher wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 01:29 i dont get it
What don't you get?
gregregegg
Featherweight

Post by gregregegg »

McGregor got the shit beat out of him. Was gassed out on the ground, over commuted to a guiloteen he didn’t have, that absolutely fucks your arms, and was getting his head pummeled.

I was cheering after the 1st round because I had bet on Dustin by 2nd round stoppage and knew that was coming after the first. But then I saw the wobbly ankle and sadly it becomes a first round stoppage…

Also, to the freak injury claims, he almost certainly cracked it kicking, and that’s a risk… if the risk wasn’t there everyone would just blast full power leg kicks… the risk is always if it gets checked, ya fucked.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

what is cold about 'the way he said it'
p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by p4p1 »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 01:26
I'm not for a second going to pretend or say that McGregor should have continued etc. but it is funny watching him yelling about it being doctor stoppage when he was the one that seemed to call the doctor over to tell him he broke his leg.
p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by p4p1 »

margaret thatcher wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 01:44 what is cold about 'the way he said it'
McGregor boasted before the fight that Dustin would be leaving on a stretcher. McGregor was the one that left on a stretcher.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

looks like they are going to do a 4th fight, bleh, seems like overkill
p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by p4p1 »

As far as the fight goes,
Conor came out throwing kicks and looked good but before the TD, Dustin looked like he had figured out the length and timing and was starting to land the better shots. Conor's attempt for the guillotine was a stupid move but IMO was born out of desperation. He knew the TD was going to happen and went for a hail mary. Once Dustin got it to the ground he was always going to be in control. I still think Conor makes a lot of technical mistakes in his stand up, it was why IMO Diaz was able to outlast him and finish him in the first fight and why Dustin was able to do it in their second fight.

Without the leg break Conor probably has a window of 2mins max in the second round to land something good enough to put Dustin away. He made it harder on himself with those guillotine attempts. The second round probably looks almost like a carbon copy of the first with Dustin either finishing it in that round or later on.

Interestingly 2 of the 3 judges scored the round 10-8, how much that was because of Conor going down and being wailed on right at the end of the round before it became clear to them he went down because of his leg, only the judges know.

We won't know for a few days how serious the leg break is or exactly where it is broken. A broken ankle can be a career ender, I had a friend who was an excellent athlete he broke his ankle and he was never the same again. With a low down leg break it could be just as serious as if it was an ankle break. Unfortunately they can be ones that you just never fully recover from and as I'm learning (also at 32) the body doesn't heal like it did a decade ago and previous injuries such as an ACL tear which he also has had (I have had two on the same leg) add another layer of difficulty to the process.

The kick theory holds a lot more water than him breaking it when he landed on it/twisted for the punch. Leg kicks hurt when they're checked or you hit the wrong area, sometimes the nerves in the shin a pretty dead and don't register pain. The twist could have been the straw that broke the camels back after more serious damage was done earlier in the fight. A kick cracking his leg and then the leg breaking when he goes to push all of his weight on the cracked bone later on makes sense IMO. If Nat Fyfe (AFL footy player) can play out an entire game of football with a broken leg without realising that it was broken it stands to reason that Conor could have broken the leg in a kick and not realised, especially when you take into consideration the adrenaline that would have been pumping.

Poirier should get his title shot next and I think that will be a great fight between those two.
McGregor either retires or goes for a 3rd Diaz fight which will still sell like hotcakes. I'm not sure if he has anything more than a small punchers chance against the top 10 or so at LW anymore. I would probably pick him over Tony at this stage because he has had some real beatings recently and hasn't looked good for a while.
p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by p4p1 »

margaret thatcher wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 02:13 looks like they are going to do a 4th fight, bleh, seems like overkill
Seems pointless other than the $$$ that it will bring in which is of course the reason why these fights are put on.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

doesnt conor bring in the dough vs other guys.....is poirer a big ass draw ? being stopped 2x straight by a guy doesnt really make another fight between them enticing
p4p1
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by p4p1 »

margaret thatcher wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 02:35 doesnt conor bring in the dough vs other guys.....is poirer a big ass draw ? being stopped 2x straight by a guy doesnt really make another fight between them enticing
Conor could fight the UFC's janitor and it would do at least 500k PPV buys.
I don't think Dustin is a huge draw but beating Conor could make him a fairly decent one. We will find out when he fights Oliveira.
Conor thinks that there is unfinished business between him and Dustin. Dustin is going to get his title shot by the sounds of it while Conor could be out for over a year. If he does come back, it's a win/win for Dustin and the UFC because they both get paid. The UFC mostly just do whatever Conor wants.
DrDuke
Featherweight

Post by DrDuke »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dustin Poirier pulling up to Conor McGregor’s hospital room <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UFC264?src= ... #UFC264</a> <a href="https://t.co/AVxRmhFlXp">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; BenchWarmers (@BeWarmers) <a href=" 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Onetimeonly
Super Bantamweight

Post by Onetimeonly »

ESPN is using Atlas and max on mma coverage now. Talk about dumb and dumber.

Ugly injury to end an interesting round.
Impractical Poster
Super Lightweight

Post by Impractical Poster »

Sad scene at the end there. Reminds me of the end of a movie with the villain is broken, and screaming at the hero that it's not over yet.... Wait.

Him sitting there degrading Dustin's wife saying “Your wife is in my DMs, Hey baby, hit me back up I’ll chat to you later on, I’ll be at the after party at the Wynn night club. You look in bits you little hoe!"

How embarrassing to Conor's wife/gf.