Brexiteers were right, Remoaners were wrong again!

Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Re: Brexiteers were right, Remoaners were wrong again!

Post by Lenny Cravats »

So, Brexit benefits appear to be that not everything is getting worse and some countries in Europe aren't performing well.

And that's a win for Brexiters?
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight

Post by Counter-puncher »

Lenny Cravats wrote: 26 May 2023, 07:13 So, Brexit benefits appear to be that not everything is getting worse and some countries in Europe aren't performing well.

#levellingdown
SticknMove
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by SticknMove »

Jaguar wrote: 24 May 2023, 05:12
Lenny Cravats wrote: 24 May 2023, 05:02 He's definitely a Midlands lad.
Funnily enough, I was talking about this with a Londoner recently and he reckons a lot of southerners just tend to lump everything north of Oxford together as 'the north'. They don't recognise the midlands as something different..

So, Birmingham, Nottingham, Manchester, Newcastle, it's all northern to them.
You forgot Liverpool?

Your friend is right about that….was always a bit of simplistic banter……north of Watford……bunch of northerners. In my younger night clubbing days spent many an enjoyable weekend oop north. Back then it wasn’t a sight seeing expedition or a deep dive into socio/economic/political differences. How very irresponsible of me…..I blame the company I kept. ;-) :TU:
IRONFIST
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by IRONFIST »

Lenny Cravats wrote: 26 May 2023, 07:13 So, Brexit benefits appear to be that not everything is getting worse and some countries in Europe aren't performing well.

If the shoe was on the other foot (no Diane Abbott pun intended) you would no doubt be running down Brexit Britain, we know your game. :wave:
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight

cobblers wallybrain etc etc
Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

IRONFIST wrote: 30 May 2023, 09:56

If the shoe was on the otherg foot (no Diane Abbott pun intended) you would no doubt be running down Brexit Britain, we know your game. :wave:
There's no need. We've listed many, many things that Brexit has had a negative impact on.
All you've got is that some of it might not be as bad as predicted - simultaneously claiming that non of the negatives are related to Brexit, but all of the 'positives' are.... Then accuse others of doing that exact thing.
Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

Lenny Cravats wrote: 30 May 2023, 11:53
IRONFIST wrote: 30 May 2023, 09:56

If the shoe was on the otherg foot (no Diane Abbott pun intended) you would no doubt be running down Brexit Britain, we know your game. :wave:
There's no need. We've listed many, many things that Brexit has had a negative impact on.
All you've got is that some of it might not be as bad as predicted - simultaneously claiming that non of the negatives are related to Brexit, but all of the 'positives' are.... Then accuse others of doing that exact thing.
Also, the IMF is predicting that we're practically bottom for growth in 23/24 and these figures are for the period after 2025.... When Sunaks Brexit party won't even be in.
IRONFIST
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by IRONFIST »

The IMF has no credibility left as shown by their guesses being constantly "revised" AKA code for they got it wrong again, Dick Emery's character Gaylord would've fit in nicely there.

Meanwhile (not shown on the Brexit hating BBC I note) the Australia and New Zealand trade deals kick in: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... nd-kick-in :salut:
Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

Right. So, you like the IMF when you parrot Sunak's incorrect claims, then go back to disliking them when you understand that Sunak was talking bollocks.

Then take a stab at the 'Brexit hating BBC' before quoting....... The Guardian.

You're all over the place, as usual.
Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

And that article clearly lays out that the deal you're talking about is shite.

So, you're having a stab at the 'Brexit hating BBC' for not reporting on the start of a shitty deal, and quoting a paper that does report on it, but was not in favour of Brexit and is explaining through the article why the deal is shit.

You're so desperate for a Brexit benefit that the starting day of a bad deal is somehow a benefit, your so anti-BBC that you criticise them for NOT criticising the deal on the day it starts, and you're so all over the place that you've quoted an article that is critical of the deal you're celebrating.

You're losing what very, very little you ever had.
IRONFIST
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by IRONFIST »

I have never liked nor trusted the EU-IMF, it's you blighters who keep bringing them up, the OBR etc, bunch of guessers the lot of them.

I put the biased Guardian link up to show that even they have the story but the supposedly neutral BBC don't, yet.

The full lowdown on the deals: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uks- ... -wednesday :salut:
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight

weak troll trolls weakly :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
IRONFIST
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by IRONFIST »

Still nothing up at the biased BBC, maybe they can verify their own bias. :wave:
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight

weak troll trolls weakly :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

The Australia deal that has been hammered by everyone, including Tory George Eustace who led DEFRA at the time, goes live at midnight.

The BBC covered the deal throughout, they've explained it, had Badenoch's quotes about it and added in some other more sensible views.

I don't really know what else they can add. What's IRONFIST expecting? The BBC to have cake and balloons? Maybe send him a personal letter? :maybe:
Coco
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Coco »

Lenny Cravats wrote: 31 May 2023, 07:10 The Australia deal that has been hammered by everyone, including Tory George Eustace who led DEFRA at the time, goes live at midnight.

The BBC covered the deal throughout, they've explained it, had Badenoch's quotes about it and added in some other more sensible views.

I don't really know what else they can add. What's IRONFIST expecting? The BBC to have cake and balloons? Maybe send him a personal letter? :maybe:
While in itself it's a good thing, obviously it's a drop in the ocean in the bigger picture.
Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

Coco wrote: 31 May 2023, 07:30
Lenny Cravats wrote: 31 May 2023, 07:10 The Australia deal that has been hammered by everyone, including Tory George Eustace who led DEFRA at the time, goes live at midnight.

While in itself it's a good thing, obviously it's a drop in the ocean in the bigger picture.
It's better than nothing... Possibly.
Fray Bentos
Featherweight

Post by Fray Bentos »

I can't wait to see how much this 'cheaper food and shoes' is going to cost when it reaches our shores, my guess is the price will be too prohibitive for the average British shopper to indulge, that and a lot of the stuff they make we make ourselves, why do we have to import from 8000 miles away more 'Sharp' and 'Tasty' cheddar cheese. :doh:
Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

Fray Bentos wrote: 01 Jun 2023, 17:34

I can't wait to see how much this 'cheaper food and shoes' is going to cost when it reaches our shores, my guess is the price will be too prohibitive for the average British shopper to indulge, that and a lot of the stuff they make we make ourselves, why do we have to import from 8000 miles away more 'Sharp' and 'Tasty' cheddar cheese. :doh:
That.... Is.....a ........ Disgrace.
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight

:lol: :lol: :yay:
The Gratest
Super Flyweight

Post by The Gratest »

Haha

chinarich
Welterweight

Post by chinarich »

Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

chinarich wrote: 02 Jun 2023, 05:50
Look, mate. When IRONFIST wanted people to report it, he didn't mean actually tell people about it.
Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

Lenny Cravats
Super Welterweight

Post by Lenny Cravats »

Weird. Just turned the radio on and they're paying that clip.