Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - Who wins?

Who wins?

Poll ended at 18 Nov 2022, 06:13

Paul - Decision
26%
Paul - T/KO
28%
DRAW
6%
Fury - T/KO
20%
Fury - Decision
19%

Total votes: 103

Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury | BT PPV - Who wins?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury Deal is Quite Close, Says Frank W

Frank w, the promoter for light heavyweight prospect Tommy Fury (7-0, 4 KOs), says a deal is very close for a pay-per-view showdown with Youtube star turned boxer, Jake Paul (4-0, 3 KOs).

Paul has made a few offers to secure Fury, the younger brother of WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.

Fury rejected an offer of $1 million for the fight - stating that it wasn't enough.

"That is true, as those offers weren't even worth addressing, and now he has come out and said that he wants to give me a $1 million to fight him and I just want to say this," Fury said.

"To everybody out there, $1 million for a fight of this magnitude is not even worth getting out of bed for, this fight is going to gross millions and millions of pounds.

"I cannot walk down the street without anybody asking me when are you fighting Jake Paul, so until you want to make a serious offer and put it on the table, we can't think about fighting pal."

The two sides have continued to talk - with a deal nearing completion, says Warren.

The veteran promoter is hoping the contest will be staged by the end of the year.

"At the moment we're working through the terms, we're quite close and I'm hoping we can get it over the line. It's a great fight for Tommy. It's a very lucrative fight for him. Financially how can you not turn that down," Warren said.

"I think he wins it. It's captured everyone's imagination, it's all they were talking about out in the States. Hopefully we'll finish it off this week and we can move forward. It'll be in late November, December."

Paul was in action back in August, when he won an eight round split decision over Tyrone Woodley. Fury was in action on the undercard, and won an four round decision over Anthony Taylor.
Last edited by Ruthless-RKO on 26 Sep 2022, 07:07, edited 17 times in total.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Re: Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury - Deal is Close

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

A lot of people want Jake Paul to fight a boxer, someone who can then put him in his place..

To me thoug, him fighting Tommy, is just another type of fight he's had before.
DrDuke
Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

Gotta be a step up and a loss for Paul, cause this time his opponent will be fresh and more experienced, as he isn't into boxing just for a couple of years. Tommy gotta stop him or at least outbox without any big problems.
Terminator666
Light Heavyweight

Post by Terminator666 »

An exhibition fight? Il bet it turns out that way
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

DrDuke wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 07:06 Gotta be a step up and a loss for Paul, cause this time his opponent will be fresh and more experienced, as he isn't into boxing just for a couple of years. Tommy gotta stop him or at least outbox without any big problems.
I don't think Tommy is as experienced as you think. A later comer if anything. I don't know his upbringing but think it was a long way from Tyson's where he's been wearing gloves in the pram.
Offthehook
Light Flyweight

Post by Offthehook »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 06:15 A lot of people want Jake Paul to fight a boxer, someone who can then put him in his place..

To me thoug, him fighting Tommy, is just another type of fight he's had before.
Loving the odds on fury if I’m honest!
milpool
Super Welterweight

Post by milpool »

I'd fancy Jake Paul to win this.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

milpool wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 08:09 I'd fancy Jake Paul to win this.
I would NOT be shocked.
peter barlow
Super Featherweight

Post by peter barlow »

I reckon Tommy and John Fury were playing games in that last outing, it was that bad and the talk afterwards from Tommy, "was look how bad I am and you won't fight me".

Playing possum was how John Fury described Usyk Vs Chisora. Tommy will go through Jake Paul and win by KO. He's a level above Paul.
HomicideHenry
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by HomicideHenry »

Neither one of these men are worth a million dollar payday but I guess it is what it is in this day and age--- I like what Tyson Fury had to say a day or so before the Wilder fight, "If you (Tommy) don't knock him out you're changing your name."
Dioufy
Cruiserweight

Post by Dioufy »

milpool wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 08:09 I'd fancy Jake Paul to win this.
I agree. Tommy not impressed me at all. Paul just seems to want it more than Tommy. Not saying much tho.
Kit
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Kit »

I’m sure I heard Tommy only had 10 amateur fights so is still just a novice.
Jake Paul is a talented athlete and really appears to have dedicated himself to the sport.
Still his footwork is terrible, which should show against an actual boxer.
gregregegg
Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

If this fight happens and If Jake Paul wins i wanna see him Calling out Tyson Fury for the WBC heavyweight championship... Just for the comedy.
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

Oh!
So glad I can be the first with this ->

:zzz:
Delta Jay
Super Lightweight

Post by Delta Jay »

gregregegg wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 17:35 If this fight happens and If Jake Paul wins i wanna see him Calling out Tyson Fury for the WBC heavyweight championship... Just for the comedy.
I know that’s a joke, but just IMAGINE Paul trying to work himself into a mandatory position.

For the sake of the sport of boxing, Tommy has to win. I do have a bad feeling tho
margaret thatcher
Flyweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

big tyson getting a bit nervous if jake wins this one, will have a serious title challenger on his hands potentially
Delta Jay
Super Lightweight

Post by Delta Jay »

margaret thatcher wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 19:25 big tyson getting a bit nervous if jake wins this one, will have a serious title challenger on his hands potentially
That’s a PPV I’d spend £50 on and stay up until Tuesday to watch
gregregegg
Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

Delta Jay wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 19:24
gregregegg wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 17:35 If this fight happens and If Jake Paul wins i wanna see him Calling out Tyson Fury for the WBC heavyweight championship... Just for the comedy.
I know that’s a joke, but just IMAGINE Paul trying to work himself into a mandatory position.

For the sake of the sport of boxing, Tommy has to win. I do have a bad feeling tho
Its not a joke me wanting him to call him out, think it would be a bit of banter. "just sparked out ya brother, you Furys are a bunch of bitches, lets go tyson" or something of that effect

It would be a great wind up for the oldschool boxing fans that seem really threatened/uncomfortably knowing that some Disney channel/youtube kid could probably knock em out... Few on this forum would start grumbling.
Tarquin Tarpaulin IV
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Tarquin Tarpaulin IV »

Kit wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 16:33 I’m sure I heard Tommy only had 10 amateur fights so is still just a novice.
Had 10, won 8....
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

mickey1975 wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 07:42
DrDuke wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 07:06 Gotta be a step up and a loss for Paul, cause this time his opponent will be fresh and more experienced, as he isn't into boxing just for a couple of years. Tommy gotta stop him or at least outbox without any big problems.
I don't think Tommy is as experienced as you think. A later comer if anything. I don't know his upbringing but think it was a long way from Tyson's where he's been wearing gloves in the pram.
Your right, Tommy hasn't been wearing gloves since he was in the pram, and being the youngest he is the softest.
He was wearing gloves to bed as a teenager, but that was more to do with chronic w*nking
JamesPhilips
Light Flyweight

Post by JamesPhilips »

KiwiRider wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 14:36
mickey1975 wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 07:42
Your right, Tommy hasn't been wearing gloves since he was in the pram, and being the youngest he is the softest.
He was wearing gloves to bed as a teenager, but that was more to do with chronic w*nking
Lol. There’s a reason they’ve been protecting Tommy so much. He’s not a natural fighter but I’m thinking they know he’s chinny or something
jameswilson
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jameswilson »

If Tommy Fury had followed a conventional route he’d be found out maybe even before area level.

Taking this fight will likely set him up for life. I’ve gotta be honest I think we would all do the same if we were him.

I ain’t even that confident Fury wins as of all the YouTube boxers Jake Paul does actually have an ounce of something about him.
handsofstone
Super Welterweight

Post by handsofstone »

This is a quality match up tbh
Cholo_cws
Super Welterweight

Post by Cholo_cws »

Deleted post. Wrong thread :doh:
Last edited by Cholo_cws on 16 Oct 2021, 14:55, edited 2 times in total.
skanksta
Super Middleweight

Post by skanksta »

peter barlow wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 11:32 I reckon Tommy and John Fury were playing games in that last outing, it was that bad and the talk afterwards from Tommy, "was look how bad I am and you won't fight me".

Playing possum was how John Fury described Usyk Vs Chisora. Tommy will go through Jake Paul and win by KO. He's a level above Paul.
It was SO bad I did wonder.
The fight was set up for a Tommy KO and he was terrible.

That said,
Tommy's never had a performance where I thought he was going much further than Jake Paul.
It figures to be a decent match.