Suggestions for BoxRec

Post Reply
pugilisticspecialist
Super Middleweight
Posts: 220
Joined: 19 May 2009, 16:23

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by pugilisticspecialist »

WIthout points ratings, it isn't even clear how BoxRec is coming up with rankings.

If I didn't know better, I'd just assume a human was ranking guys based on the eye test.

Points ratings simply must return.
716481
Minimumweight
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Feb 2022, 15:52

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by 716481 »

I always found the ratings highly useful. Now I'm a bit lost when comparing fighters' records.

I get that ratings were a bit nerdy and maybe confusing for casual users but can you bring it back as an option for hardcore boxing fans?
AA484
Featherweight
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 10:21

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by AA484 »

So, I guess we're not gonna get any answers about the disappearance of the ratings or any of the other negative changes. I want to continue using the sight, but I need reassurance that these issues are at least being looked at.
pugilisticspecialist
Super Middleweight
Posts: 220
Joined: 19 May 2009, 16:23

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by pugilisticspecialist »

The weight class for each amateur bout should be listed on the resume pages. I know exact weigh-in data isn't usually available for amateur bouts, I just want to know the class.

Currently, you have to click through to the bout page to find the weight class.
MOO
Lightweight
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 May 2014, 16:14

Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by MOO »

On the BoxRec: Champions page -

https://boxrec.com/en/champions

- indent the several titles from the same organisation so that the major title has the lesser titles indented underneath, in order of their importance, e.g. -

Light Middleweight

> WBO World > Jermell Charlo
>> WBO Interim World >> Vacant
>>> WBO Global >>> Tim Tszyu
Last edited by MOO on 21 Aug 2022, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
margaret thatcher
Flyweight
Posts: 28909
Joined: 22 Jul 2019, 15:43

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by margaret thatcher »

this forum and site are running like a mess lately
sawyer.maitland
Light Flyweight
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Aug 2020, 09:57

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by sawyer.maitland »

The old look and feel was better - before the changes.

The stars don't mean anything and take up a lot of space.
sawyer.maitland
Light Flyweight
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Aug 2020, 09:57

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by sawyer.maitland »

The schedule on the homepage used to show the big upcoming fights. Now it just shows any upcoming fights. Could that be reverted?

Boxer stats require an extra interaction (click or tap) - that was better before as well.
sawyer.maitland
Light Flyweight
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Aug 2020, 09:57

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by sawyer.maitland »

You used to be able to click or tap on the belts - from the boxers page - to see previous bouts/history etc - can that be reinstated?
sawyer.maitland
Light Flyweight
Posts: 6
Joined: 23 Aug 2020, 09:57

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by sawyer.maitland »

On pages like https://boxrec.com/en/ratings?role=box- ... country=DO can you reinstate the W, L and D, age and height of fighters?
rakan
Middleweight
Posts: 13
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 12:58

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by rakan »

unfortunately boxrec is ruined
i cant add new fighters
more than 20 problems i find on this new update tell now
no response from the editors
Nihlus
Flyweight
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Mar 2020, 03:58

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by Nihlus »

I just want to thank the people in charge of BoxRec for listening and bringing back the fan scorecards with averages for each round. This was IMO one of the most irreplaceable features of BoxRec and also my favourite.

Image
SendoTakeshi
Light Flyweight
Posts: 8
Joined: 18 Oct 2020, 01:17

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by SendoTakeshi »

sawyer.maitland wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 04:53 The schedule on the homepage used to show the big upcoming fights. Now it just shows any upcoming fights. Could that be reverted?

Boxer stats require an extra interaction (click or tap) - that was better before as well.
I secound that. That was the best thing about the site. You knew weeks beforehand when the fight was going to happen. With the new design even a fight like Usyk vs AJ 2 was only shown on the same day of the fight.
The last design was better in every way.
Hopefully we can change that back.
pugilisticspecialist
Super Middleweight
Posts: 220
Joined: 19 May 2009, 16:23

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by pugilisticspecialist »

SendoTakeshi wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 06:09
sawyer.maitland wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 04:53 The schedule on the homepage used to show the big upcoming fights. Now it just shows any upcoming fights. Could that be reverted?

Boxer stats require an extra interaction (click or tap) - that was better before as well.
I secound that. That was the best thing about the site. You knew weeks beforehand when the fight was going to happen. With the new design even a fight like Usyk vs AJ 2 was only shown on the same day of the fight.
The last design was better in every way.
Hopefully we can change that back.
The old view is only 4 clicks away...
On the homepage, click on schedule, use the top scroll box to select ****+, click submit.
pugilisticspecialist
Super Middleweight
Posts: 220
Joined: 19 May 2009, 16:23

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by pugilisticspecialist »

sawyer.maitland wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 04:57 On pages like https://boxrec.com/en/ratings?role=box- ... country=DO can you reinstate the W, L and D, age and height of fighters?
Records and ages are still there, for me.
They never showed height.
They use to show stance, but no longer do.
Last edited by pugilisticspecialist on 06 Sep 2022, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
AA484
Featherweight
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Jun 2016, 10:21

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by AA484 »

pugilisticspecialist wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 13:26
SendoTakeshi wrote: 24 Aug 2022, 06:09
sawyer.maitland wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 04:53 The schedule on the homepage used to show the big upcoming fights. Now it just shows any upcoming fights. Could that be reverted?

Boxer stats require an extra interaction (click or tap) - that was better before as well.
I secound that. That was the best thing about the site. You knew weeks beforehand when the fight was going to happen. With the new design even a fight like Usyk vs AJ 2 was only shown on the same day of the fight.
The last design was better in every way.
Hopefully we can change that back.
The old view is only 4 clicks away...
On the homepage, click on schedule, use the top scroll box to select ****+, click submit.
I thought at first you were giving us a "cheat" to view the ratings!
Freedom
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 205
Joined: 11 Jan 2003, 20:05

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by Freedom »

Whomever changed the Boxrec pages did a mass disservice to members. Nothing is clear anymore, upcoming events and results are a joke, not worth sifting through, not fun as it used to be. Find myself going to other sites now to get results and schedule information.....sad.
613587
Minimumweight
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Feb 2022, 10:43

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by 613587 »

Hi just looking to have my record updated. My name is Justin laythe and my record is 5-2 I’m missing my James raposa fights, he beat me once and I beat him once and I’m also missing my second awes imbrahim fight there I beat him again thank you!
Tyler
Middleweight
Posts: 2
Joined: 01 May 2010, 00:03

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by Tyler »

I second what a lot of people are saying - can you bring back the points on fighter records? I found them invaluable when reviewing older records. Seeing NA vs NA on the bout page doesn't give me any context. It feels like we've reverted 10 years in functionailty. If the points are working in the background, why can't we see them anymore?
jujigatame
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 6158
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 21:08

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by jujigatame »

Tyler wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 11:22 I second what a lot of people are saying - can you bring back the points on fighter records? I found them invaluable when reviewing older records. Seeing NA vs NA on the bout page doesn't give me any context. It feels like we've reverted 10 years in functionailty. If the points are working in the background, why can't we see them anymore?
Yea this is absolutely the biggest issue at present. The points were so important to be able to track the trajectory of a fighter's career and the quality of their competition.
oogiebe
Welterweight
Posts: 31533
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 19:35

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by oogiebe »

jujigatame wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 18:06
Tyler wrote: 29 Aug 2022, 11:22 I second what a lot of people are saying - can you bring back the points on fighter records? I found them invaluable when reviewing older records. Seeing NA vs NA on the bout page doesn't give me any context. It feels like we've reverted 10 years in functionailty. If the points are working in the background, why can't we see them anymore?
Yea this is absolutely the biggest issue at present. The points were so important to be able to track the trajectory of a fighter's career and the quality of their competition.
Same here.
sjolicoeur
Lightweight
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 Jan 2014, 17:38

New website layout

Post by sjolicoeur »

I’ve used this site since beginning it’s by far best site for boxing information. That’s being said the old layout design is so much better is their an option I can switch back

Thanks
Freedom
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 205
Joined: 11 Jan 2003, 20:05

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by Freedom »

Boxrec used to be useful. I fear this place has gone to the pits, ill hang on for a bit to see if they come back to their sanity. If not, after so many years ill delete my account, just not woerth the frustration. :clap:
margaret thatcher
Flyweight
Posts: 28909
Joined: 22 Jul 2019, 15:43

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by margaret thatcher »

why bother deleting your account, you can save some time just by not coming back brah
flyingchimp12
Flyweight
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Feb 2020, 02:27

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by flyingchimp12 »

Give us the ratings back or we riot... 5 stars aren't enough, I WANT NUMBERS.
Post Reply