Suggestions for BoxRec

Manrae
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Suggestions for BoxRec

Post by Manrae »

https://boxrec.com/en/scoring/791

Will the troll scoring ever be fixed? On the administrator end, are you able to see who made each score? Can they not be deleted along with their accounts taken away or warned? Why have the individual round averages been taken away?
VSports
Super Flyweight

Post by VSports »

Vittorio wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 16:08 This kind of restyling goes against colour blind people like me. I can't see anymore clearly who the winner is in a fight. Thank you!
Same here. I use the site daily and can no longer decipher wins and losses.
FightFan1912
Lightweight

Post by FightFan1912 »

abeattell77 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 22:59 On the BOUT page for each fight, please include the number KOs next to the fighter record for each fighter like you did before this update.
I just came here to request the same thing. This happened a few years back too when they first moved the bout details from the main page into a separate bout page - took quite a while for it to come back too. Please add this back.
Minimumweight

Post by 1047860 »

The modification of the site is awful!!! The previous one was much better. There I could see all details of each box event. Now it's very very very unconvenient!!!
Mastrangelos
Welterweight

Post by Mastrangelos »

590229 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 09:44 This update has completely removed any possibility of seeing all fights on a certain date. One of the main joys of the site was being able to scroll to any date to see information about fights that I wouldn't know about anywhere else and that's gone now.

Can you make each of the events a dropdown on the date page instead of having to click to a new page for each event? Or add an icon (maybe a trophy) that signifies that the event contains a championship fight.
Just wanted to second this. I think the previous system in that regard was far more convenient, now if You want to see all fights on certain date, You have a lot of clicking to do. If Wed had 2 options it would probably be ideal (Display events only or automatically display all fights).

Thanks for all the work either way. Shame about fighters age legal issue, was wondering about it - but that's understandable.
Last edited by Mastrangelos on 21 Jul 2022, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
rio
Super Lightweight

Post by rio »

1047860 wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 15:01 The modification of the site is awful!!! The previous one was much better. There I could see all details of each box event. Now it's very very very unconvenient!!!
Ruined a great website. Who made this call? Had to download a boxing schedule app due to new system being so badly presented
TonyVoo7
Welterweight

Post by TonyVoo7 »

Hello, could you click on the day and see the full match schedule again, please? No, just the events? One then has to click through them to see who is boxing where that day. It's unnecessarily lengthy. Please. And also, no more points, just ranking? Thanks
Light Flyweight

Post by 512741 »

Thanks for ruining the site, whoever did this! Rankings have been very strange (and biased in favor of every british level (actual level) world title contender (boxrec level)) for the past few years and now we can't even see the points? Rankings will be even worse now, I reckon. Utter garbage!
Minimumweight

Post by 638286 »

VSports wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 00:30
Vittorio wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 16:08 This kind of restyling goes against colour blind people like me. I can't see anymore clearly who the winner is in a fight. Thank you!
Another colour blind person who feels the site is unusable now voicing this. Change it back please!
Minimumweight

Post by 638286 »

margaret thatcher wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 19:04 wasnt it always red and green, not something that only came up in the restyle?
No it clearly said W, L or D to signify the result.
Fightnight Scores
Super Flyweight

Post by Fightnight Scores »

As a web developer myself I understand the need to freshen things up and sympathise for something of a backlash.
As someone who regularly comes to the site to see schedules it has become a whole lot more difficult to see all fights on a specific date, so that would be my biggest pain point as with those quoted below.

Not an issue for me but it seems to be a pretty common issue for those with some colour blindness that would be a priority to fix up for me.

Good luck BoxRec dev team! :TU:
Mastrangelos wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 15:14
590229 wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 09:44 This update has completely removed any possibility of seeing all fights on a certain date. One of the main joys of the site was being able to scroll to any date to see information about fights that I wouldn't know about anywhere else and that's gone now.

Can you make each of the events a dropdown on the date page instead of having to click to a new page for each event? Or add an icon (maybe a trophy) that signifies that the event contains a championship fight.
Just wanted to second this. I think the previous system in that regard was far more convenient, now if You want to see all fights on certain date, You have a lot of clicking to do. If Wed had 2 options it would probably be ideal (Display events only or automatically display all fights).

Thanks for all the work either way. Shame about fighters age legal issue, was wondering about it - but that's understandable.
TonyVoo7 wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 05:46 Hello, could you click on the day and see the full match schedule again, please? No, just the events? One then has to click through them to see who is boxing where that day. It's unnecessarily lengthy. Please. And also, no more points, just ranking? Thanks
1047860 wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 15:01 The modification of the site is awful!!! The previous one was much better. There I could see all details of each box event. Now it's very very very unconvenient!!!
Koski
Welterweight

Post by Koski »

If something is not broken, don't break it. Site looks worse than it did before and it doesn't function as well anymore. I would like to see every event of one date in a single page without having to click open every venue and fight card. Boxer search is so much slower now.

Also on the phone you can't automatically see the details of fights, just a list of fights. You can't see the titles, judges or stoppage times without opening the details. Pretty annoying.

Also for some reason I constantly need to click pictures of boats or trains to enter.

Atleast they finally shortend the names of the organisations to more simple and clearer like it was years ago (for example World Boxing Orgnasiation -> WBO).
marcianofan
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by marcianofan »

I love that upcoming fights now display the current ranking of each fighter.

Unfortunately nearly every other change that's been made seems almost as if it was designed specifically to frustrate everything I come here to do.
leoleito
Super Lightweight

Post by leoleito »

I did not like the changes in the page, the perfect things are not touched, and before it was perfect.

Apologies for my English, I don't speak it, so I used a translator.

Greetings.
jjcorbett
Super Bantamweight

Post by jjcorbett »

638286 wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 16:53
Another colour blind person who feels the site is unusable now voicing this. Change it back please!
Yes, please just restore the verdict W, L, or D and ditch the needless color coding.
jjcorbett
Super Bantamweight

Post by jjcorbett »

My interest in the site is primarily historical so I can't speak to issues with rankings and other topics, but in my opinion every change in format since August 2017, when a fighter's complete record could no longer be viewed as a single page if he had more than 100 fights, has been worse than the previous one. *sigh*
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

I agree, bring back the W and L, it makes it much easier to view. I wish they would bring back numbering each bout too, really handy to see what someone was on when they first lost, had a title shot etc.. If the records could all be fitted on one page that'll be great as well.
ldlamb
Cruiserweight

Post by ldlamb »

John wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 10:48 We cant display dobs for people under legal advice re https://gdpr.eu/what-is-gdpr/#:~:text=T ... 20the%20EU.
I mean…lawyers are notoriously risk averse (I am one)….but this is really kinda silly.

Wikipedia would be in huge trouble if this were really an issue.
aumonier
Bantamweight

Post by aumonier »

ldlamb wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 20:36
John wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 10:48 We cant display dobs for people under legal advice re https://gdpr.eu/what-is-gdpr/#:~:text=T ... 20the%20EU.
I mean…lawyers are notoriously risk averse (I am one)….but this is really kinda silly.

Wikipedia would be in huge trouble if this were really an issue.
Many other databases on the Net have removed some (or every) birthdates or have placed the data only in the pro version of their site (IMDb for example). I confirm that in France collecting personal data is very sensitive and can lead to trouble if done without explicit consent of the concerned people, especially if the data are supposed to be published. And for databases like here, collecting everyone's agreement would be almost impossible.

The recent changes operated on boxrec makes me regret more useful news about the boxers (ratings for example, one of the most interesting data provided in here and exclusively here).
Jimmy1970
Welterweight

Post by Jimmy1970 »

this update has made the site worse
clintabn
Super Flyweight

Post by clintabn »

An option to change skin or go back to how it used to look. It’s more confusing and shows less information now, why go so far backwards?
yu265545
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by yu265545 »

Echoing the previous comments, please please please put all the events back on one page for each date so we can scroll through all the days bouts without being forced to click on a million links.

Also, please make the Watchlist event dates clickable again so we can see the entire event in one click instead of first being forced to click on the boxers name, then scrolling down to the date, the finding the event amongst the list of that days bouts and then finally see who else if fighting on that card.

Thanks for considering
ralph-nyc
Super Bantamweight

Post by ralph-nyc »

Anyone getting an error when trying to follow a boxer? it says i can only follow a maximum of 10 fighters and i have about 96. seems like a bug with the new website update.
Nihlus
Flyweight

Post by Nihlus »

Please bring back the averages of fan scoring for each round. It was an incredible tool for people to understand how close a round was in the eyes of hundreds or even thousands of fans. Now the new update has every fan score rounded up and there's no substitute for it. No other websites have the sample size of fan scoring that BoxRec does.
jujigatame
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jujigatame »

Please bring back the ratings points on the fighter pages!

The current format makes it much, much more difficult to discern the quality of a fighter's record.