All womans boxing card October 15th good or bad idea? (R.I.P Queen)

Will it sell more tickets than Chisora - Kubrat Pulev

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 93

samwbr
Lightweight

Re: All womans boxing card October 15th good or bad idea? (R.I.P Queen)

Post by samwbr »

bigped wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 17:29 So they all cancelled for 1 day and boxing for 2 days ? Is that right ?
Yes. Everything bar football and boxing goes ahead. Even kids and Sunday league footie is off. It's completely mindless.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

So what’s to watch tonight?

Binge on some series or watch a movie?
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 03:34 So what’s to watch tonight?

New series of Cobra Kai on Netflix bud. 👍
Kilburn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Kilburn »

I suppose we're all supposed to tune in to Huw Edwards on the BBC, as we try to get our heads around a 96 year old lady passing away peacefully.
Gnome
Super Welterweight

Post by Gnome »

bigped wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 17:29 So they all cancelled for 1 day and boxing for 2 days ? Is that right ?
All domestic rugby fixtures are off where I am.
Boxerbeetle
Welterweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

Gnome wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 08:59
Where are you? Not England presumably?
Gnome
Super Welterweight

Post by Gnome »

Boxerbeetle wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 09:05
Gnome wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 08:59
Where are you? Not England presumably?
Northern Ireland
Glass Joe
Welterweight

Post by Glass Joe »

maverick23 wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 03:50
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 10 Sep 2022, 03:34 So what’s to watch tonight?

New series of Cobra Kai on Netflix bud. 👍
thats what im doing atm
Kilburn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Kilburn »

I’m considering watching a documentary about aardvarks.
GreenLightning
Welterweight

Post by GreenLightning »

Ah all this antiestablishmentism is 30 years too late lads good that yas caught up a bit though
jimmystone
Minimumweight

Post by jimmystone »

Kilburn wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 15:20
The Docker wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 14:35
jimmystone wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 13:57

Op London Bridge has been planned for and amended over the decades. Broadcasters have rehearsed and pre-booked OB production companies years ahead. Pomp and circumstance live and in years to come by way of documentaries with contemporaneous footage is huge on the global market and for GB PLC in propaganda terms.
I'm still not getting it, admittedly been all in on red wine since mid afternoon so not overly functioning. Sky have a zillion channels they can make contemporaneous docus for lucrative overseas buyers. They also have a zillion support staff to cover each and every big sporting event and media circus. Contractually if the board had given a green light for the event, then contractually they wouldve been tied in to oblige. Cheers, get yourself a booze, if not for queenie then for yourself.
There's nothing to get mate, he's talking cobblers.

The BBBofC are being over sentimental and / or don't want to get slated in the news. Everyone else can just bend over and take it.
Reported in the paper today. Almost like I know about these things for some reason.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... RUCKS.html
TheGoods
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by TheGoods »

Bought 2 x £100 tickets for this and travelled from Hartlepool on the Friday for the weigh in, only for fight to be scrapped Friday PM.

Was looking forward to main event more than any other fight booked for the rest of 2022 but at the minute I don’t think I’ll bother in October. For BBBofC to make the call they did and then watch on as golf, rugby and cricket all went ahead on Saturday stuck in my throat a bit. No wonder the sport struggles got column inches when you’ve got divvies like Robert Smith making calls like this or defending judges scorecards that are so so bad that they are criminal. Whole set up is beyond parody.
Kilburn
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Kilburn »

jimmystone wrote: 12 Sep 2022, 15:33
Kilburn wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 15:20
The Docker wrote: 09 Sep 2022, 14:35

I'm still not getting it, admittedly been all in on red wine since mid afternoon so not overly functioning. Sky have a zillion channels they can make contemporaneous docus for lucrative overseas buyers. They also have a zillion support staff to cover each and every big sporting event and media circus. Contractually if the board had given a green light for the event, then contractually they wouldve been tied in to oblige. Cheers, get yourself a booze, if not for queenie then for yourself.
There's nothing to get mate, he's talking cobblers.

The BBBofC are being over sentimental and / or don't want to get slated in the news. Everyone else can just bend over and take it.
Reported in the paper today. Almost like I know about these things for some reason.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... RUCKS.html
So regarding last Saturday’s boxing specifically, it wasn’t the BBBofC that stopped the fight “out of respect”, it was all a cover story to protect Sky from the wrath of their customers, after they’d decided to redeploy all their cameras to other non-boxing related locations.

What a jolly accommodating lot the board are.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

PRESS RELEASE | SHIELDS-MARSHALL AND MAYER-BAUMGARDNER NOW OFFICIAL FOR OCT. 15

Unfinished business will finally be settled as the most anticipated female fight of all-time has officially been rescheduled for Saturday, October 15.

Having been postponed by the British Boxing Board of Control due to the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II last week, the long-awaited BOXXER: LEGACY – Shields vs Marshall clash will now take place in just over four weeks time at The O2 in London.

The headline bout – broadcast live and exclusively in the UK & Ireland on Sky Sports – will see bitter rivals Claressa ‘GWOAT’ Shields and Savannah ‘The Silent Assassin’ Marshall collide for the undisputed middleweight championship of the world, concluding their decade-long feud.

All tickets purchased for the original September date remain valid for the new October 15 date and ticket holders do not need to take any action or obtain new tickets to attend the event.

The last remaining tickets – priced at just £25 – are available to purchase now via boxxer.com. Tickets in every other price bracket are now sold out.

In association with Top Rank and Matchroom Boxing, arch-enemies Mikaela Mayer and Alycia Baumgarnder feature in a must-see co-main event for the undisputed super featherweight world titles, broadcast live on ESPN+ in the USA.

In what will be an iconic night of celebration for women’s boxing, the full undercard for the first-ever all-female card televised in Britain remains the same.

Team GB’s Tokyo 2020 Olympic gold medal heroine Lauren Price competes, alongside fellow Team GB favourites Karriss Artingstall and Caroline Dubois who will all look to light up the capital on what promises to be a special evening for the sport.

BOXXER would like to thank Professional Fighters League and PFL CEO Peter Murray for allowing Claressa Shields – who is promoted by Salita Promotions – the window to fight on October 15, given their previously scheduled November 25 PFL Finals.

BOXXER proudly presents this event in association with official partners bet365, Everlast, WOW HYDRATE and Village Hotels.
Boxerbeetle
Welterweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

I’m really glad this thread title has been suffixed with “R.I.P Queen”. Gives an air of class to the forum.
jameswilson
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jameswilson »

Boxerbeetle wrote: 20 Sep 2022, 10:04 I’m really glad this thread title has been suffixed with “R.I.P Queen”. Gives an air of class to the forum.
Anyone who knows what ‘suffixed’ means is giving away their grammar school upbringing as well.
Boxerbeetle
Welterweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

jameswilson wrote: 20 Sep 2022, 10:06
Boxerbeetle wrote: 20 Sep 2022, 10:04 I’m really glad this thread title has been suffixed with “R.I.P Queen”. Gives an air of class to the forum.
Anyone who knows what ‘suffixed’ means is giving away their grammar school upbringing as well.
I’ve got a degree in English, and still had to fvcking google it to double-check I’d got the correct word before posting.
Old bones Ian
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Old bones Ian »

Never let it be said the WBC are cheap and tacky, ladies I present the Elizabethan belt , to be awarded to the winner.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Would be humiliating if Shields won now.
Glass Joe
Welterweight

Post by Glass Joe »

Sky and women's boxing need a Marshall win on Saturday.

Not sure if this show come at a good time or not. The undercard is shocking. 2 main events are good on paper.
joshj909
Bantamweight

Post by joshj909 »

Trying to get a couple of free tickets to this through a mate. To be honest, price wise it's not bad for a night of boxing, just better free and makes it much more worth it given the card...
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Just over a minute in it gets weird. Am I missing something here?
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Ben Shalom reveals broadcasters pulled out of Claressa Shields vs Savannah Marshall press conference because they ‘had enough of boxing’ following Benn drugs scandal

It seems the recent Conor Benn drugs scandal has had wider reaching effects on the sport than might have been expected.

The failed drugs test was reported by the Mail, but it has since come out that the promoters and the BBBoC (British Boxing Board of Control) had known about it for weeks and they had let the fight build-up continue.

Even after the failed test came to light and the BBBoC announced they were not willing to sanction it, the promoters involved attempted to push on with the fight through a legal route.

The whole saga was extremely damaging for boxing, as not only did it highlight the problem of doping within the sport, but it also exposed the lack of regulation that exists.

The fallout has left Benn and those who work alongside him with reputational damage, but it has also had a wider reaching affect, with promoter Ben Shalom of Boxxer, revealing that broadcasters have dropped out of Saturday night’s Claressa Shields vs Savannah Marshall fight, as they no longer want to be involved with the sport.

“Promoters need to be responsible for the sport because they’ve been given so much responsibility,” Shalom told talkSPORT.

“The broadcasters don’t pay the BBBoC like they do the Premier League or the FA, they pay the promoters who are private businesses.

“That’s perhaps where the board needs more control and more support, but ultimately you have to take responsibility.

“We feel extremely responsible for all the fighters on our bill, for the sport in this country, for the health of the sport.

“That’s why last week doesn’t just affect those involved it affects everyone in boxing, because that’s all that people were talking about for so long.

“Even this week, the thing that really frustrates me is that we had broadcasters pull out of our press conference [on Thursday] because they’d had enough of boxing.”
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 13 Oct 2022, 10:25 Ben Shalom reveals broadcasters pulled out of Claressa Shields vs Savannah Marshall press conference because they ‘had enough of boxing’ following Benn drugs scandal

It seems the recent Conor Benn drugs scandal has had wider reaching effects on the sport than might have been expected.

The failed drugs test was reported by the Mail, but it has since come out that the promoters and the BBBoC (British Boxing Board of Control) had known about it for weeks and they had let the fight build-up continue.

Even after the failed test came to light and the BBBoC announced they were not willing to sanction it, the promoters involved attempted to push on with the fight through a legal route.

The whole saga was extremely damaging for boxing, as not only did it highlight the problem of doping within the sport, but it also exposed the lack of regulation that exists.

The fallout has left Benn and those who work alongside him with reputational damage, but it has also had a wider reaching affect, with promoter Ben Shalom of Boxxer, revealing that broadcasters have dropped out of Saturday night’s Claressa Shields vs Savannah Marshall fight, as they no longer want to be involved with the sport.

“Promoters need to be responsible for the sport because they’ve been given so much responsibility,” Shalom told talkSPORT.

“The broadcasters don’t pay the BBBoC like they do the Premier League or the FA, they pay the promoters who are private businesses.

“That’s perhaps where the board needs more control and more support, but ultimately you have to take responsibility.

“We feel extremely responsible for all the fighters on our bill, for the sport in this country, for the health of the sport.

“That’s why last week doesn’t just affect those involved it affects everyone in boxing, because that’s all that people were talking about for so long.

“Even this week, the thing that really frustrates me is that we had broadcasters pull out of our press conference [on Thursday] because they’d had enough of boxing.”
Ben’s got a bit of a holier than thou attitude. I listened to an interview of his yesterday and he said he wasn’t going to really discuss the Benn stuff then spent 5 minutes talking about and how he wouldn’t have done the same and that he still believed they made the right call not having boxing following the Queen passing away.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Marshall began: “The fact that I won got us here.”

Shields sarcastically responded: “Yeah, sure.”

To which Marshall replied: “The fact that we were both screwing each other got us here.”

A baffled Shields then appeared to say: “I didn’t have sex with you.”

Marshall responded: “You did, you did.”

Shields then added: “It’s the fact that I even gave you attention.”

And Marshall said back: “Are you joking? You lost the plot. Your head fell off. You lost all self-control.”