All womans boxing card October 15th good or bad idea? (R.I.P Queen)

Will it sell more tickets than Chisora - Kubrat Pulev

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 88

chiggsy
Middleweight

Re: All womans boxing card September 10th good or bad idea?

Post by chiggsy »

I think its a brilliant idea and i think moving forward any female bouts should be on an all female cards,with female refs,judges and commentary team.

That way i could just avoid it the same way i do with womens football.
Stobbo
Flyweight

Post by Stobbo »

chiggsy wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 14:26 I think its a brilliant idea and i think moving forward any female bouts should be on an all female cards,with female refs,judges and commentary team.

That way i could just avoid it the same way i do with womens football.
I'd never thought of this.
Brilliant idea 💡
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

It's the best of any scheduled fights in this country.
DrDuke
Bantamweight

Post by DrDuke »

Good, if all of them are naked.
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

mickey1975 wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 14:03
tonyevs wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 14:01
Stobbo wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 12:23 More PC shite
If they don't sell the tickets they'll give them away to give a false impression same as the football.
It could sell well purely for the novelty of all women boxing show. Sky will hype it enough and fill it with the usual rent-a-celeb to get those fist clenching photo-opportunistic celebrity stalkers interested.

I am unsure if it will be a good idea to get the main event promoting their dislike for each other - how embarrassing that was previously would likely turn people away.

It can be expected that at least half the tickets will be giveaways to young girls that will have it looking like a Billie Eilish gig to ensure the arena looks suitably full for TV.
How would 9000 young girls get to The O2.
The same way they got to the Billy Eilish gig there in June I`d guess. Unless it was a trick question?
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

No. I'd imagine after probably receiving tickets for a birthday present or saving up as a massive fan for the ticket their parents would take them. As a one off. Bit different here. Maybe get them all to Wembley for Joyce a fortnight later as well if they enjoy it.
margaret thatcher
Flyweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

i doubt most young girls could be arsed to go even with a free ticket, girls dont suddenly give a sh!t about boxing because it's two birds punching each other. even at the female headlined cards the crowds pretty much a sausage fest
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

I like the main event, and it should be a main event.
It's for a the baubles.
But it isn't PPV, and having female fight after female fight etc is too much for me.
One per card is fine. A main event like this is fine.
But what they are proposing is too much.
CaptainSpacerod
Featherweight

Post by CaptainSpacerod »

If they don't sell the tickets they'll give them away to give a false impression same as the football.
It could sell well purely for the novelty of all women boxing show. Sky will hype it enough and fill it with the usual rent-a-celeb to get those fist clenching photo-opportunistic celebrity stalkers interested.

I am unsure if it will be a good idea to get the main event promoting their dislike for each other - how embarrassing that was previously would likely turn people away.

It can be expected that at least half the tickets will be giveaways to young girls that will have it looking like a Billie Eilish gig to ensure the arena looks suitably full for TV.
Spot on. :salut:
oogiebe
Welterweight

Post by oogiebe »

DrDuke wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 14:40 Good, if all of them are naked.
beat me to it Duke. :OhYes:
margaret thatcher
Flyweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

hmmm....that might backfire depending on who is fighting :oo
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Credit to Sky for putting this on normal Sky Sports. I was expecting them to try it on PPV.

2 good competitive fights, Sky will hype the hell out of it and it’ll probably be the most watched women’s fight ever across Sky and ESPN.

Id be surprised if it sells out the O2 but I said the same about MSG and Taylor/Serrano so who knows.
Greg Houston
Lightweight

Post by Greg Houston »

mickey1975 wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 14:03

How would 9000 young girls get to The O2.
Maybe with the help of Ghislaine Maxwell?
THEBUTCH
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by THEBUTCH »

An all women's show is an excellent idea and I hope it stays that way permanently 🤞

Unfortunately, I expect whatever novelty value it might initially attract it will wear off and they will get shoved back into normal shows.

If it does play any role in reducing women boxing on a normal shows then it's a big thumbs up from me :TU:
chiggsy
Middleweight

Post by chiggsy »

I can just picture in my head how painful this show is going to be with sky referencing the suffragettes constantly,the theme tune for the adverts will be something along the lines of sisters doing it for themselves or some beyonce knowles “i don’t need no man in ma life am an independent woman”.

Interviews with lilly allen and freshly out of the closet kelly holmes…
tony1234
Middleweight

Post by tony1234 »

WWE tried an all womens PPV which didn't work and never been repeated, Women's football being stuffed down our throats this month but some of the venues struggling to sell even a 1000 tickets and playing at some men's clubs training grounds, women's cricket crowds can be measured on the fingers of one hand so why does boxing think there is a demand for an all women card ?
Might have to get the Romford Bull fighting in drag to shift a few tickets nearer the time
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

tony1234 wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 05:36 WWE tried an all womens PPV which didn't work and never been repeated, Women's football being stuffed down our throats this month but some of the venues struggling to sell even a 1000 tickets and playing at some men's clubs training grounds, women's cricket crowds can be measured on the fingers of one hand so why does boxing think there is a demand for an all women card ?
Might have to get the Romford Bull fighting in drag to shift a few tickets nearer the time
Good idea, Eddie will just let him go for the night.
jameswilson
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jameswilson »

Maybe Mikaela Mayer can come out to the song

‘I’m gonna wash that man right outa my hair’

And Adam Smith can clarify that this isn’t a dig at Johnny Nelson. Who is bald.
chiggsy
Middleweight

Post by chiggsy »

jameswilson wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 06:17 Maybe Mikaela Mayer can come out to the song

‘I’m gonna wash that man right outa my hair’

And Adam Smith can clarify that this isn’t a dig at Johnny Nelson. Who is bald.
:lol:
gregregegg
Bantamweight

Post by gregregegg »

I really like the main event, and co main is fun. but making it all womens will make it very very vunerable to a frank or eddie UK card.
skanksta
Super Middleweight

Post by skanksta »

Very good :D

The Top Two fights are very appealing and I'm looking fwd to it.
It's just the same old broken record - until it's 3min rounds it's "WOMEN'S Boxing" - make it 3s and suddenly.., it's women boxing.

Apart from a few knuckle-draggers, 90% of us don't give AF if it's women or men as long as the fights are good.
jameswilson
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jameswilson »

skanksta wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 06:36 Very good :D

The Top Two fights are very appealing and I'm looking fwd to it.
It's just the same old broken record - until it's 3min rounds it's "WOMEN'S Boxing" - make it 3s and suddenly.., it's women boxing.

Apart from a few knuckle-draggers, 90% of us don't give AF if it's women or men as long as the fights are good.
Knuckle draggers.

:lol:
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

gregregegg wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 06:32 I really like the main event, and co main is fun. but making it all womens will make it very very vunerable to a frank or eddie UK card.
Not going to happen. Whilst it may not appeal to everyone Sky will be pushing this hard for the next 2 months and they can push a fight better than anyone. Sky aren’t vulnerable to anything from BT. Their main star Joyce (with Fury retired now) did c.1,800 tickets on his comeback. Eddie’s not daft and won’t go head-to-head either. Sky have a real desire to push womens sport now and they’ll really go after this.
Ricky
Super Flyweight

Post by Ricky »

I might stream it for free because i fancy a bet on Marshall, but aside from that it has zero interest to me. I hope women's fights can be contained to all female cards in the future so i can enjoy boxing cards without them.
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

Yep agree with most sentiments put it on let it lose money do a few more let them lose money let the promoters gget the equality bollocks out there system , and start putting the good money to the good hard pro,s who deserve the limelight and money through hard work not big tits and skimpy knickers at weigh ins