Connor Benn fails drug test!

TopGun
Welterweight

Connor Benn fails drug test!

Post by TopGun »

Will the fight still go ahead? Bet it will, too much money on the line....

Conor Benn has failed a drugs test, throwing Saturday's blockbuster fight with Chris Eubank Jnr into disarray.

Sportsmail can exclusively reveal the 26-year-old was notified he had returned an adverse finding for the banned substance clomifene.

The substance, which is usually used to treat infertility in women but can increase testosterone in men, is prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency. It is understood Benn's test was carried out by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association.
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Re: Connor Benn fails drug test!

Post by jimmystone »

It shouldn't go ahead however much money is on the line. Boxing will sign its own death warrant as a serious sport if this is somehow overlooked.
Cholo_cws
Super Welterweight

Post by Cholo_cws »

Kalle Sauerland just been on Talksport and there's no concern shown for the image of boxing and the damage done if this fight goes ahead.

Any older forum members hear the Matchroom statement continually referring to Mr Benn. Couldn't help thinking of the children's programme from yesteryear.
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

Cholo_cws wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 07:44 Kalle Sauerland just been on Talksport and there's no concern shown for the image of boxing and the damage done if this fight goes ahead.

Any older forum members hear the Matchroom statement continually referring to Mr Benn. Couldn't help thinking of the children's programme from yesteryear.
That's because Kalle Sauerland is thinking about Kalle Sauerland. A real sport needs to have a board of control that can actually keep control. If Robert Smith lets this fight happen now he is a wimp.
Steveh583
Bantamweight

Post by Steveh583 »

It appears they are angling for the ‘he’s since passed many different drug tests…’ excuse
jameswilson
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by jameswilson »

You’ll have to forgive how unsurprised Counterpuncher and myself are looking right now.
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

Steveh583 wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 07:59 It appears they are angling for the ‘he’s since passed many different drug tests…’ excuse
Indeed. They are hoping the media and public will accept that distraction. The lad has tested positive (A Sample) for perhaps the most common anti-estrogen you take when coming off a steroid cycle. Coincidence? Almost 0% chance IMO. Get the B Sample tested before it's filed with Whyte's.
Nightmare Roy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Nightmare Roy »

If I was Jnr I'd be saying ok we can do it but I come in at 160 and fcuk your rehydration clause :lol:
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

Maybe it was cross contamination from his wife's infertility drugs!

Many folk say all top athletes are at it, who knows?

But if Benn is cheating it says something about his character

Most folk gloss over that both Fury and Canelo have been caught

I'm guessing you don't get banned untill the formal hearing after the B Sample etc? Which I guess will be after the fight.
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

Coco wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 08:07 Maybe it was cross contamination from his wife's infertility drugs!

Many folk say all top athletes are at it, who knows?

But if Benn is cheating it says something about his character

Most folk gloss over that both Fury and Canelo have been caught

I'm guessing you don't get banned untill the formal hearing after the B Sample etc? Which I guess will be after the fight.
There will be all manner of excuse offered but anybody who takes them as fact is a fool.

As you know, Marc, this is a dangerous sport, it is also a PR disaster waiting to happen at any moment when somebody gets put in a coma or turned into a vegetable. The Eubanks family should know this as well as any given what happened with Michael Watson. We know Benn has failed his A Sample. We know what Clomid is used for, If the fight is allowed to happen and something tragic occurs, there will be I told you sos and court cases coming out of people's ears. A serious person running a serious organisation would bin this fight. Robert Smith....
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

Bellew will be raging....
garethhop
Welterweight

Post by garethhop »

13 September - Chris Eubank Senior demands his son to be withdrawn from the fight.

I'm guessing that may have been around the time the news of the failed test broke.

Boxing eh?
Monzon83
Bantamweight

Post by Monzon83 »

Cholo_cws wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 07:44 Kalle Sauerland just been on Talksport and there's no concern shown for the image of boxing and the damage done if this fight goes ahead.

That joker probably gets his own Clomid from the same source. :OhYes:

Everyone wants the fight to go ahead or they don't earn any money. That's all that counts to these people.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Post by Counter-puncher »

jameswilson wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 08:02 You’ll have to forgive how unsurprised Counterpuncher and myself are looking right now.
:OhYes: cheers mate :salut:

apparently some random totally uninformed twat (that's me, not you) doing the 'eye test' is enough to work out ped use, nowadays, after all.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

If it is a failed test I really dont see how the fight goes ahead.

Boxing is full of spineless ****s, the legal people will takeover and the BBBofC will pander to them.

Yet another f*cking sad day in boxing.

I could say more but whats the point.
bripez
Middleweight

Post by bripez »

mickey1975 wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 08:23 Bellew will be raging....
Yes, Bellew who was good mates with Larry O
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

Spud wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 08:28 If it is a failed test I really dont see how the fight goes ahead.

Boxing is full of spineless ****s, the legal people will takeover and the BBBofC will pander to them.

Yet another f*cking sad day in boxing.

I could say more but whats the point.
The BBBofC will likely say that because he has passed UKAD tests and that's who they use that the fight can go ahead.

Like watching a video that somebody else filmed of a person shooting somebody dead but saying that because the same person didn't shoot anybody when their camera was filming them they are not a killer.
Exoddus
Cruiserweight

Post by Exoddus »

So is UKAD fit for purpose then?

He's past UKAD drugs testing and as they're the appointed anti-cheat drugs body by the bbbofc. The fight will go ahead. As there's no failed drugs test for the fight.

There's also talk that no rule has been broken yet and he's cleared to fight because the "B" sample hasn't been tested and won't be tested before the fight. Meaning he's cleared to fight.

Two really dodgy excuses. Surly the fight has to be off. The bbbofc can't pedal this rubbish. It's their responsibility to protect the health of the boxers. If Eubank gets knocked out hard. What happens then?
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

The legal team Will possibly get an injunction
To prevent the B Sample going public citing that its irrelevant due to other tests having passed.

For me a failed test is exactly that.
Counter-puncher
Light Heavyweight

Post by Counter-puncher »

Exoddus wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 08:47 So is UKAD fit for purpose then?
For the fighters and promoters, you mean? it's doing the job they want perfectly, it seems?
garethhop
Welterweight

Post by garethhop »

The BBC's involvement with this fight (documentary tonight and live broadcast) is going to be called into question.

The Boxing Board's position is clearly going to have to come out this afternoon.
TopGun
Welterweight

Post by TopGun »

I just went to sky bet to see what the odds were and this fight has been taken down?
jimmystone
Light Flyweight

Post by jimmystone »

Exoddus wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 08:47 So is UKAD fit for purpose then?
Clearly not if this fight goes ahead. How many ex pros on here ever got tested? Testing is expensive and nobody wants to foot the bill.
handsofstone
Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

Ffs what a mess scrap the fight, what a prick, team Eubank checking in first day
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »