Eddie Hearn is a dangerous individual

Ricky
Bantamweight

Eddie Hearn is a dangerous individual

Post by Ricky »

This guy is like the modern day Don King that's done irreparable damage to the sport of boxing.

The more I think about the shambles of this Eubank vs Benn fight, the more I realize just how much this guy puts his own wallet ahead of not only the integrity of the sport, but the health and safety of fighters.

Firstly, he takes a young prospect he has and signs him to fight a guy 3 weight classes above, not because it puts him on track to win a world title or benefits his career-path, but because it has a particular USP; their dad's were rivals. Tickets tickets tickets. PPV.

He then tries balancing out his guy's disadvantages by making sure the other guy comes down to a weight below anything he's fought at before, and tosses in a same-day (rehydration) weigh-in clause into the bargain. I assume Hearn isn't a complete idiot and fully understand the dangers of fighting in a dehydrated state and why weigh-ins were moved to the day before in the first place.

Then, to cap it all off, when his fighter is caught juicing, he tries to sweep it under the rug and get the fight on anyway, he literally had to be shamed into calling it off when the story leaked to the public.

This btw, was a guy quoted as stating "what's the point in signing for VADA testing if you just ignore the results anyway?".

An another parasite who thinks he and his team of lawyers are above the laws and comissions of the sport.

Throw in pimping out British Boxing to the Saudi's, his ticket-scalping deals with Ticketus, this guy is nothing but a crook that takes takes takes. He needs chased out of boxing, or better yet, thrown into a jail cell somewhere.
Minimumweight

Re: Eddie Hearn is a dangerous individual

Post by 1047945 »

Ricky wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 08:24 This guy is like the modern day Don King that's done irreparable damage to the sport of boxing.

The more I think about the shambles of this Eubank vs Benn fight, the more I realize just how much this guy puts his own wallet ahead of not only the integrity of the sport, but the health and safety of fighters.

Firstly, he takes a young prospect he has and signs him to fight a guy 3 weight classes above, not because it puts him on track to win a world title or benefits his career-path, but because it has a particular USP; their dad's were rivals. Tickets tickets tickets. PPV.

He then tries balancing out his guy's disadvantages by making sure the other guy comes down to a weight below anything he's fought at before, and tosses in a same-day (rehydration) weigh-in clause into the bargain. I assume Hearn isn't a complete idiot and fully understand the dangers of fighting in a dehydrated state and why weigh-ins were moved to the day before in the first place.

Then, to cap it all off, when his fighter is caught juicing, he tries to sweep it under the rug and get the fight on anyway, he literally had to be shamed into calling it off when the story leaked to the public.

This btw, was a guy quoted as stating "what's the point in signing for VADA testing if you just ignore the results anyway?".

An another parasite who thinks he and his team of lawyers are above the laws and comissions of the sport.

Throw in pimping out British Boxing to the Saudi's, his ticket-scalping deals with Ticketus, this guy is nothing but a crook that takes takes takes. He needs chased out of boxing, or better yet, thrown into a jail cell somewhere.
Totally agree with this
daz74
Flyweight

Post by daz74 »

1047945 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 08:35
Ricky wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 08:24 This guy is like the modern day Don King that's done irreparable damage to the sport of boxing.

Totally agree with this
LOL
Yeah he’s so dangerous, I wonder why so many fighters sign him up to promote them ?
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

daz74 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 08:41

Totally agree with this
LOL
Yeah he’s so dangerous, I wonder why so many fighters sign him up to promote them ?
He is the best payer!

The comparison with Don King falls down badly here!
Boxerbeetle
Super Welterweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but just sounds like a typical boxing promoter unfortunately.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Good post👍
handsofstone
Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

Eddie definitely has damaged his reputation beyond repair here but truth be told he's still the best promoter in the world and it's not even close, puts on the most shows, the best shows, the biggest shows, pays well and on time and is never taking to court by his fighters,.

Definitely not defending Hearn, I think he has a lot of questions to answer and not from Koogs but every other promoter in his situation would do the same I'd imagine, they just dont have that holier than thou schtick that Ed likes to peddle

End of the day the BBBC is God and they have a chance to fix this for now and future shenanigans
Minimumweight

Post by 1047945 »

daz74 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 08:41

Totally agree with this
LOL
£££££££££££
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

My guess on what is going to happn is delay after delay with no one saying anything.

Then after a decent delay Benn v Eubank will be announced to take place perhaps in a foreign country
Hobbitey123
Bantamweight

Post by Hobbitey123 »

Agreed, but isn't Kalle equally or more at fault in the Benn/Eubank scenario?

Lets his fighter sign a fight which involves a serious weight cut and rehydration clause, finds out his fighters opponent popped for PEDs a month before the fight and still agrees to put his fighter in the ring even with the fighters dad calling for the fight to be cancelled. Then when news leaks along with Eddie looks at every loophole he can to try and put the fight on
Ricky
Bantamweight

Post by Ricky »

handsofstone wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 09:13 Eddie definitely has damaged his reputation beyond repair here but truth be told he's still the best promoter in the world and it's not even close, puts on the most shows, the best shows, the biggest shows, pays well and on time and is never taking to court by his fighters,.

Definitely not defending Hearn, I think he has a lot of questions to answer and not from Koogs but every other promoter in his situation would do the same I'd imagine, they just dont have that holier than thou schtick that Ed likes to peddle

End of the day the BBBC is God and they have a chance to fix this for now and future shenanigans

It depends on the context really. Maybe everything he has done for Benn here, some might say "that's a good promoter"... because he's getting his guy a big PPV pay day before he's really proven at world level, negotiated him a big advantage with a dangerous weight-stipulation imposed on the other guy, then tried to bury his failed test. All of these are truly woeful implications for the sport if you look at the big picture, like a cancer, but you could argue he's acting in the best interest in his fighter, not the sport.

As for the best shows, well I guess he doesn't have much competition, but glitzy Matchroom shows eith laser-light overkill are still a far cry from even the HBO glory days in the 00s imo. Since moving to DAZN I've not really enjoyed many of the productions either, it's been a step-down from the Sky productions.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Boxerbeetle wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 09:00 I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but just sounds like a typical boxing promoter unfortunately.
With deeper pockets than most.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 09:24
Boxerbeetle wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 09:00 I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but just sounds like a typical boxing promoter unfortunately.
Ruthless,

Do you believe Mr Hearn is a good promoter?
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Spud wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 09:30
Ruthless,

It’s not a simple question to answer. He’s had a lot of good moments and nights.. but then he’s a promoter. What do you expect. I hardly listen to him talk..

Typical salesman. Bur he’s gotta be, because he relies on ticket sales and PPV Buys.
Controversial
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Controversial »

I know he gets a lot of stick but his job is to promote, make fights and generate as much interest and money as possible. So there will be a lot of BS and lines said. Just like any promoter. He won’t have any input in how a fighter trains, what they eat or put in their bodies. It should be remembered both camps agreed to the terms of the fight, they didn’t have to and even after the positive test Eubank was still prepared to fight. So although I get a lot of people dislike Hearn he is the easy target because he’s the front man. I’m sure there are a lot of blind eyes in the sport, double standards and lies but boxing has always been corrupt and always will be.
Coco
Cruiserweight

Post by Coco »

He has moved heaven and earth for Benn and may well get left out of pocket.

Don King could never have claimed that
[email protected]
Super Flyweight

Post by [email protected] »

Spud wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 09:18 My guess on what is going to happn is delay after delay with no one saying anything.

Then after a decent delay Benn v Eubank will be announced to take place perhaps in a foreign country
No I think as the media are all over it the board will have to insist on an investigation resulting in a ban for benn - say 12 months and then he can get lawyers to to appeal and come up with some lame excuses - all behind closed doors of course - and the ban gets dropped to 6 months .
So summer 2023 we may see the return of this epic fight :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
[email protected]
Super Flyweight

Post by [email protected] »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 10:31
Spud wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 09:30

Ruthless,

It’s not a simple question to answer. He’s had a lot of good moments and nights.. but then he’s a promoter. What do you expect. I hardly listen to him talk..

Typical salesman. Bur he’s gotta be, because he relies on ticket sales and PPV Buys.
better then Fwank for what its worth
handsofstone
Middleweight

Post by handsofstone »

Ricky wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 09:22
handsofstone wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 09:13 Eddie definitely has damaged his reputation beyond repair here but truth be told he's still the best promoter in the world and it's not even close, puts on the most shows, the best shows, the biggest shows, pays well and on time and is never taking to court by his fighters,.

It depends on the context really. Maybe everything he has done for Benn here, some might say "that's a good promoter"... because he's getting his guy a big PPV pay day before he's really proven at world level, negotiated him a big advantage with a dangerous weight-stipulation imposed on the other guy, then tried to bury his failed test. All of these are truly woeful implications for the sport if you look at the big picture, like a cancer, but you could argue he's acting in the best interest in his fighter, not the sport.

As for the best shows, well I guess he doesn't have much competition, but glitzy Matchroom shows eith laser-light overkill are still a far cry from even the HBO glory days in the 00s imo. Since moving to DAZN I've not really enjoyed many of the productions either, it's been a step-down from the Sky productions.
Can't disagree with any of that tbf , I'm still happy enough with DAZN content, some guff but it's still blitzing competition and shows a few small hall shows from across the pond which go under radar that I watch so although of course can do better, Americans paying PPV for nearly every PBC show, we getting Bivol vs Ramirez, Estrada vs Gonzalez 3 off the top of my head, again though don't disagree with your main
Nightmare Roy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Nightmare Roy »

He's become more of a pudendum since he left Sky and joined DAZN that's for sure, last week was the worst of the worst. I guess he's under immense pressure and will do anything to try and survive. Don King however is the fcuking Devil!
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Nightmare Roy wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 12:43 He's become more of a pudendum since he left Sky and joined DAZN that's for sure, last week was the worst of the worst. I guess he's under immense pressure and will do anything to try and survive. Don King however is the fcuking Devil!
I think Mr Hearn will prove to be worse.
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

Spud wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 14:08
Nightmare Roy wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 12:43 He's become more of a pudendum since he left Sky and joined DAZN that's for sure, last week was the worst of the worst. I guess he's under immense pressure and will do anything to try and survive. Don King however is the fcuking Devil!
I think Mr Hearn will prove to be worse.
Why do you think that? Don is still not paying fighters their agreed purses without legal teams getting involved.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Just my opinion.😉
Bercli
Light Flyweight

Post by Bercli »

I think since he left Sky he has become desperate to balance the books. He made a big mistake leaving Sky and is now panicking imo
tony1234
Super Middleweight

Post by tony1234 »

The deal with DAZN must have been worth Hearn's while to leave SKY but whether it will be so good when up for renewal is another thing. DAZN in the UK has been nothing like what was proposed to people, no PPVs, good quality UK shows on more often than once every 6 weeks and nothing else apart from boxing on the app.
The Benn affair might be the nail in the coffin for DAZN/Matchroom in the UK