6%
Lomachenko - Decision
30%

Total votes: 80

Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Re: Devin Haney vs. Vasiliy Lomachenko | ESPN PPV - May 20, 2023

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

gregregegg wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 05:19 I simply can not believe any pro athletes follow Ramadan, it must be insanely difficult.
Religion must come before anything else for some.

Footballers fast whilst on the pitch too..

I remember a game where they halted it for a minute so the player could break his fast.

Remember Amir Khan fought once during Ramadan. Said it was the biggest mistake of his life. Don't know what he was thinking. It was when he got KO1'd against Breidis Prescott.. He vowed never to box during the month again.
AngryGoon38
Cruiserweight

Post by AngryGoon38 »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 05:30
gregregegg wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 05:19 I simply can not believe any pro athletes follow Ramadan, it must be insanely difficult.

I remember a game where they halted it for a minute so the player could break his fast.

Remember Amir Khan fought once during Ramadan. Said it was the biggest mistake of his life. Don't know what he was thinking. It was when he got KO1'd against Breidis Prescott.. He vowed never to box during the month again.
As a Christian myself, my take on Fasting is that it's only truly doable for someone who's either bedridden, For whatever reason, or striken with some sort of specific type of sickness/illness affliction, and therefore the fast will serve as the means for specific healing benefits. Even someone confined to working in an office shouldn't be ever fasting, because they're brain will start lacking fundamental functionality. Food for thought as the saying goes. Meaning, you still need to eat in order for you're brain to properly function, well enough to be able to strain you're brain muscles through various mental tasks.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

AngryGoon38 wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 06:43
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 05:30

As a Christian myself, my take on Fasting is that it's only truly doable for someone who's either bedridden, For whatever reason, or striken with some sort of specific type of sickness/illness affliction, and therefore the fast will serve as the means for specific healing benefits. Even someone confined to working in an office shouldn't be ever fasting, because they're brain will start lacking fundamental functionality. Food for thought as the saying goes. Meaning, you still need to eat in order for you're brain to properly function, well enough to be able to strain you're brain muscles through various mental tasks.
They still eat though don't they?

They eat around 5am this year, and wont be able to eat again til about 7pm
AngryGoon38
Cruiserweight

Post by AngryGoon38 »

Eating at 5 am, and then waiting until 7 pm to eat again doesn't sound like that much of a big deal.

Especially if you ate a huge breakfast at 5 am.

As long as you stayed sufficiently hydrated, I think alot of people could pull that off.
Not a bodybuilder or a boxer in training though.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

AngryGoon38 wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 07:06

As long as you stayed sufficiently hydrated, I think alot of people could pull that off.
A guy i knew at school, he used to eat a big bowl of porridge and 3 glasses of water. Maybe some toast.

Used to be sufficient
AngryGoon38
Cruiserweight

Post by AngryGoon38 »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 07:15

A guy i knew at school, he used to eat a big bowl of porridge and 3 glasses of water. Maybe some toast.

Used to be sufficient
I'd have to have 4 eggs, 2 slices of toast, or a serving of pancakes, and either one well buttered up, a big bowl of cereal, and A banana-blueberry smoothie for the 5 am meal, in order to be sufficiently set for the day ahead of me, until a 7 pm dinner.
I'd still be making sure to remain in mostly easy does it, steady-eddy mode at work. Meaning, not working like I'm seeking brownie-points so to speak. :geek:
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

AngryGoon38 wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 08:02
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 07:15

Used to be sufficient
I'd have to have 4 eggs, 2 slices of toast, or a serving of pancakes, and either one well buttered up, a big bowl of cereal, and A banana-blueberry smoothie for the 5 am meal, in order to be sufficiently set for the day ahead of me, until a 7 pm dinner.
I'd still be making sure to remain in mostly easy does it, steady-eddy mode at work. Meaning, not working like I'm seeking brownie-points so to speak. :geek:
There's a reason Muslims eat a lot of dates around that time too.. They provide benefits.

Bandog
Bantamweight

Post by Bandog »

Stupid decision to fight during a time when you fast. He'll deserve to lose if he does.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Devin Haney: "After I Beat Lomachenko I'll Get My Respect As P4P Best"

“Yeah, the tables turned. For a long time, Loma wouldn’t even say my name. At one point, I don’t think Loma even knew me because he wouldn’t even say my name,” Haney said in an interview with Marcos Villegas on Fight Hub TV.

“Eventually, the tables started turning, and now here we are, and I’m giving Loma a shot. I don’t have to. When it was his turn, he didn’t have to, and he didn’t.

“It’s different. I want to show the world my skills. I want to take on the best fighters in the world. I’ve been saying this for a while.”

“He calls out a lot of fighters, but he doesn’t fight them. Anybody that I ever called out that was willing to fight me, I fought, and this is another time me showing that. I called out Loma years ago. Here we are, years and years, and we’re fighting,” said Haney.

“It’s about legacy. I’ve been wanting to fight Loma. I knew I could beat him back then. I still feel the same way, and I will show it. You got to see. You got to tune in. It’s definitely going to be a different fight than it was years ago.

“It’s going to showcase my skills and showcase that I’m the best fighter in the world. I am the pound-for-pound best fighter in the world. I’m just going to keep beating them one by one. Keep lining them up and knocking them down, and eventually, I’m going to get my respect.

“I’m definitely getting more respect than I was before, and after this fight [with Lomachenko], I’ll get even more respect after I’m victorious.”

“They say that because he had a bad performance, but one performance doesn’t define you,” said Haney. “We’re not studying Loma after his last performance. We’re studying him off of all his fights. His best performances, his worst performances. We’re studying him all around. One performance doesn’t define you.

“He was coming off a war, Ukraine, a lot to make that fight happen, and he was victorious against a young, hungry lion, like Jermaine Ortiz. So we got to see. We’re expecting the best Lomachenko on May 20t, and the best Devin Haney will show up that night.

“I see myself being dominant from round one until however many rounds it lasts. I see myself being dominant the whole time. I’ve been feeling like that.

“It’s not confidence now because I’ve been saying that I want to fight Loma back for years and years ago. Nothing has changed.”
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Oscar Valdez returns :box:
Evander
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Evander »

30-1
23 KO's

Got beat by Shakur Stevenson last time out.
UD
Record suggest he's not better than it.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Nakathila-Muratalla To Open Haney-Lomachenko ESPN Pay-Per-View Telecast May 20

Raymond Muratalla has agreed to a quick turnaround for the biggest opportunity of his career.

Boxing Scene has learned that the talented 26-year-old lightweight prospect will meet Namibian power puncher Jeremia Nakathila on May 20 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The 10-round, 135-pound bout between Muratalla (17-0, 14 KOs) and Nakathila (23-2, 19 KOs) will open a three-fight ESPN Pay-Per-View telecast that’ll feature undisputed lightweight champion Devin Haney and former three-division champ Vasiliy Lomachenko in the main event.

Muratalla, of Fontana, California, got up from a first-round knockdown Saturday night and knocked out Mexico’s Humberto Galindo (14-3-1, 11 KOs) in the ninth round of their 10-rounder at Save Mart Arena in Fresno, California. Muratalla sent Galindo to the canvas with body shots in the fourth and ninth rounds and secured his place on the high-profile Haney-Lomachenko card.

His victory over Galindo was the first fight of Muratalla’s six-year pro career that was scheduled for 10 rounds.

In Nakathila, Muratalla will encounter a dangerous contender who beat up and stopped former WBC super featherweight champion Miguel Berchelt in his last fight. The 3*-year-old Nakathila, whose only loss in the past six years came against Shakur Stevenson (19-0, 9 KOs), hasn’t fought since he dominated Mexico’s Berchelt (38-3, 34 KOs) for six rounds last March 26 at Resorts World Las Vegas.

Nakathila’s defeat of Berchelt marked his debut at the lightweight limit of 135 pounds.

In the pay-per-view bout before Haney (29-0, 15 KOs), of Henderson, Nevada, and Ukraine’s Lomachenko (17-2, 11 KOs) fight for Haney’s IBF, WBA, WBC and WBO 135-pound championships, former featherweight and junior lightweight champ Oscar Valdez (30-1, 23 KOs), of Nogales, Sonora, Mexico, will face Adam Lopez (16-4, 6 KOs, 1 NC), of Glendale, California, in a 10-round, 130-pound rematch. Valdez got up from a second-round knockdown to drop and stop Lopez in the seventh round of their November 2019 fight at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release

Two of boxing’s pound-for-pound best will battle when Devin “The Dream” Haney (pictured) defends his undisputed world lightweight championship against Ukraine’s three-division world champion Vasiliy Lomachenko on Saturday, May 20th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Haney vs. Lomachenko will stream live on ESPN pay-per-view, the exclusive digital distributor for the event in the United States, beginning at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT. The PPV will be priced at $59.99 and additionally be available via cable and satellite pay-per-view providers. Promoted by Top Rank, in association with Devin Haney Promotions and DiBella Entertainment, tickets go on sale Friday, March 31st at 10 a.m. PT and will be available to purchase at axs.com.

“Devin Haney is the sport’s brightest young superstar, and he’s taking on a tremendous challenge against one of this generation’s best pound-for-pound fighters in Vasiliy Lomachenko. This is what boxing is all about,” said Top Rank chairman Bob Arum. “Devin and Loma are sensational boxers, and I’m sure it will be a memorable fight."

Haney (29-0, 15 KOs) will fight in the U.S. for the first time since defeating George Kambosos Jr. in Australia twice last year to capture and retain the undisputed championship. The 24-year-old has been on a unique path since turning pro in Mexico in 2015 when he was 17. He made his stateside debut on the Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley III undercard at MGM Grand Garden Arena in 2016. Following a fourth-round stoppage over then-undefeated Zaur Abdullaev, Haney was awarded the WBC lightweight world championship. He defended that strap against unbeaten contender Alfredo Santiago and former world champions Yuriorkis Gamboa, Jorge Linares and Joseph Diaz Jr. He became the undisputed king last June with a 12-round tour de force in Melbourne in front of more than 40,000 Kambosos supporters.

“Lomachenko is a good fighter and future Hall of Fame candidate,” Haney said. “I take nothing away from him or what he has done in the sport of boxing. Although he didn’t give me a shot when I challenged him in 2019, I won’t be petty. This is the fight the fans really want, and I made it happen. I’ve gotten two times better since the Kambosos rematch, and believe it or not, the better my opponent is, the better I perform. I can’t wait for this fight. I know Lomachenko has an extremely high boxing IQ, and I will show the world on May 20 that I’m the best fighter on the planet. I’m ready to defend my undisputed title in devastating fashion.”

Lomachenko (23-2 including the World Series of Boxing) is a two-time Olympic gold medalist who compiled a staggering 396-1 record as an amateur before winning world titles at featherweight, junior lightweight and lightweight. As a lightweight, he knocked out Jorge Linares to capture the WBA title, won the WBO strap against Jose Pedraza, and added the vacant WBC title to his collection with a 12-round decision over Luke Campbell in London. The 35-year-old lost his belts in a close fight against Teofimo Lopez in October 2020 but regained his form with one-sided drubbings over Masayoshi Nakatani and Richard Commey the following year. After a nearly 11-month layoff spent serving with a territorial defense battalion in his native Ukraine, Lomachenko held off unbeaten contender Jamaine Ortiz last October.

Lomachenko said, “My goal is to become the undisputed lightweight champion, and Devin Haney is the man with the belts. I respect his boxing IQ and am excited for this challenge.”
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

why the f@ck would haney fight paulie in bare knuckle at 154, what a f@cking tit
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

margaret thatcher wrote: 30 Mar 2023, 00:05 why the f@ck would haney fight paulie in bare knuckle at 154, what a f@cking tit
Pauline must broke. He needs to let the next generation of boxers get on with it.
Bandog
Bantamweight

Post by Bandog »

Am I alone in thinking this will be a great and close fight? Loma's skills will keep him in it, and he's learned starting slow is not good for him.

I will be only slightly surprised if Loma wins.
apollo creed
Super Lightweight

Post by apollo creed »

Loma is past of his best. He lost a step. Haney should outbox him.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release | Pay-Per-View Undercard

Two high-stakes matchups will be featured on the Top Rank on ESPN+ PPV undercard headlined by the undisputed lightweight showdown between Devin “The Dream” Haney and Vasiliy “Loma” Lomachenko on Saturday, May 20 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The 10-round junior lightweight co-feature will see former two-division world champion Oscar Valdez taking on Adam “BluNose” Lopez in a rematch of their 2019 battle.

In the PPV opener, rising lightweight Raymond “Danger” Muratalla takes a big step up in competition versus big-punching Namibian contender Jeremiah Nakathila in a 10-round clash.

Valdez (30-1, 23 KOs) of Nogales, Mexico, represented his country in the 2008 and 2012 Olympics. As a pro, he captured the WBO featherweight world title against Matias Rueda in 2016 and made six defenses. In 2019, he fought Lopez in his first fight at junior lightweight, rising off the canvas before stopping him in controversial fashion in the seventh round. Valdez would go on to defeat Jayson Velez before scoring a stunning 10th-round knockout over Miguel Berchelt to capture the WBC junior lightweight title. The 32-year-old suffered his first defeat in a unification fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena against Shakur Stevenson last April, and a year later, he is ready for another run at a 130-pound title.

Valdez said, “I feel very happy to finally be returning to the place where I most like to be, which is inside the ring, after a one-year absence from boxing. I feel happy to finally be returning. I am very motivated, more than ever, to continue my dream to once again become a world champion. That is my goal this year.

“In order to do that, I have to get past this obstacle, which is not going to be easy. I’m going to be facing someone that I fought in 2019 in Adam Lopez, an experienced opponent who even sent me to the canvas in the early rounds of our first fight. I cannot take him lightly, and that’s making me train harder now. I have to get past this fight to be able to fight the current champion, Emanuel ‘El Vaquero’ Navarrete.”

Lopez (16-4, 6 KOs) is a 26-year-old native of Glendale, California, who has the sport in his bloodline. His father, the late Hector Lopez, captured a silver medal for Team Mexico at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. Lopez earned a Top Rank contract with his off-the-canvas knockout victory over Jean Carlos Rivera in May 2019. Following the Rivera victory, he fought Valdez on a day’s notice after Valdez’s original opponent was more than 10 pounds overweight. Lopez is 3-2 with a no contest since the first Valdez fight, including hard-fought decision victories over Louie Coria and Jason Sanchez.

Lopez said, “He should have picked someone else. He barely got away the first time around. This time, it will be clear that I’m the better fighter. I’m coming to get mine back May 20.”

Muratalla (17-0, 14 KOs) is the latest standout to come out of the Robert Garcia Boxing Academy. He debuted in 2016 in Mexico and made his U.S. debut in 2018. Muratalla has stopped 12 of his last 13 opponents and shined at the MGM Grand Garden Arena last April with a third round stoppage over Jeremy Hill. The native of Fontana, California, returns less than two months since his ninth-round knockout win over Humberto Galindo in March. Muratalla survived a first-round knockdown to dominate Galindo.

“This is my time. This is my moment,” Muratalla said. “I’ve been asking for this fight for a long time, and I am thrilled it’s taking place on such a significant card. Nakathila is a dangerous fighter, but that will only fuel me to put on a sensational performance.”

Nakathila (23-2, 19 KOs) is a 32-year-old former title challenger from the South African country of Namibia. He made his pro debut in 2013 and went 11-0 in his home country before traveling to Russia to face Evgeny Chuprakov in his first regional title opportunity. Following his first loss, the hard-hitting Nakathila bounced back with 10 knockout wins before securing a shot at Shakur Stevenson for the interm WBO title at 130 pounds. Nakathila is coming off two stoppage victories, including a brutal sixth-round demolition over Berchelt.

Nakathila said, “I’m excited to return to Las Vegas to give Muratalla a boxing lesson he will never forget. The experience will be valuable for his career, though, and I hope he is ready because I have every intention of taking care of business just like I did the last time I was there. It’s a great opportunity, and I’m happy to be back in the ring again on such an attractive card.”
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Press Release | Undercard

A world title fight and the grandson of “The Greatest” take center stage on Saturday, May 20 as part of the ESPN-televised prelims to the PPV main event headlined by undisputed lightweight champion Devin Haney’s title defense against former pound-for-pound king Vasiliy Lomachenko at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The two-fight telecast is headlined by the vacant WBO junior bantamweight world title showdown between Australia’s former world champion Andrew Moloney and Japan’s undefeated former WBO flyweight titlist Junto Nakatani.

Opening the broadcast will be undefeated middleweight prospect Nico Ali Walsh, grandson of Muhammad Ali, in a scheduled eight-rounder against a to-be-determined foe.

Moloney-Nakatani and Ali Walsh’s return will be broadcast live on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+ at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

The Haney vs. Lomachenko main card will stream live on Top Rank on ESPN+ PPV, the event’s exclusive digital distributor in the United States, beginning at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT. Additionally, it will be available via cable and satellite pay-per-view providers and is priced at $59.99 across all distributors.

The PPV undercard features a 10-round junior lightweight co-feature between two-division world champion Oscar Valdez and Adam “BluNose” Lopez in a rematch of their 2019 battle.

In the PPV opener, rising lightweight Raymond “Danger” Muratalla will take on big-punching Namibian contender Jeremia Nakathila in a 10-round clash.

Moloney (25-2, 16 KOs) hopes to become a two-time world champion in the city where Joshua Franco upset him by unanimous decision back in June 2020. The two fought twice more, with a controversial no contest and second Franco decision victory closing the chapter on their trilogy. Following the third Franco fight in August 2021, Moloney regrouped in December 2021 with a clear points victory over Froilan Saludar. In 2022, he fought three times, including a pair of homecoming appearances on the Devin Haney-George Kambosos Jr. cards in Melbourne, Australia. Moloney, ranked No. 2 by the WBO at 115 pounds, earned the title shot with a 10-round decision over Norbelto Jimenez last October for the WBO International strap.

WBO No. 1 junior bantamweight contender Nakatani (24-0, 18 KOs), a 25-year-old southpaw from Inabe-gun, Mie, Japan, ranks among the hardest lighter-weight punchers in boxing. An eight-year pro, Nakatani captured the vacant WBO flyweight world title in November 2020 with an eighth-round knockout over Giemel Magramo. Nakatani defended his flyweight crown twice, bloodying and stopping Angel Acosta in four rounds and knocking out Ryota Yamauchi in eight. He vacated his title to move up to junior bantamweight and scored a one-sided decision over former unified world champion Francisco Rodriguez Jr. last November.

Ali Walsh (8-0, 5 KOs) moves up to his first scheduled eight-rounder nearly two years removed from his pro debut. He made his Las Vegas debut last April at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, obliterating Alejandro Ibarra with a left-right combination in the first round. Ali Walsh righted the only blemish on his record last August, stopping Reyes Sanchez in the second round of their rematch with a body shot. Sanchez lost a majority decision to Ali Walsh in December 2021. He made his 2023 debut in February, outlasting the rugged Eduardo Ayala en route to a convincing six-round unanimous decision.