How do you rate yourself?

Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

How do you rate yourself?

Post by Spud »

Lets have a laugh …

Giving yourself maximum score of 10 …

How do you rate yorself as s boxing fan?

At the sametime do you rate yourself as

Outstanding
Above Average
Good
Average
Poor

To help you score & rate yourself take into consideration the following:

Attendance at shows.
Never miss a show on tv.
Ability to score a fight.
Knowledge of boxing.
You never complain about boxing on boxrec🤣🤣🤣

Taking everything into consideration I rate myself at 7 out of 10 and rate myself as good. But my score has markedly decreased from a 9/10.

I am always complaining about boxing and albeit due to having Parkinson’s I no longer attend shows and regularly miss tv shows.

My knowledge used to be very good, but more and more recently I have not had a clue with regards knowledge when debating the sport.

Come in forum … join in dont take it too seriously

:TU:
Last edited by Spud on 01 Dec 2022, 09:07, edited 2 times in total.
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Re: How do you rate yourself?

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

From 2015 to 2019, I was in peak mode! maybe 9/10

I'd rate myself 5/10 now.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 09:05 From 2015 to 2019, I was in peak mode! maybe 9/10

You do yourself a disservice Ruthless … I would say you were an 8
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Spud wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 09:08
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 09:05 From 2015 to 2019, I was in peak mode! maybe 9/10

You do yourself a disservice Ruthless … I would say you were an 8
I'd say my knowledge is good, but I do lack a lot of amateur knowledge.

Watching live shows, I still do.. I have calmed down on the ones overseas cus I ain't getting younger and I need sleep.
forcefraser
Light Heavyweight

Post by forcefraser »

I'm almost exclusively a TV man these days.

Living in Norway doesn't help for live shows.

I watch virtually every fight night, but the last couple of years I'm getting pissed off with the poor quality of undercards.

I'm putting myself down as a 5 out of 10
Ruthless-RKO
Featherweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

99% of my scorecards are usually in line with the general public and boxing fans.

I've had a small number of shockers. But then I don't like rewatching and re-scoring fights.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

One good point I feel I have markedly improved on is l am not so biased.

I used to deliberately go out of my way to “cheer lead Hennessy Sports fighters!!
Dioufy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Dioufy »

Poor.
Mainly because that’s what my wife thinks as commentary teams and pundits (every network seemingly) directly and consistently give contrary opinions to my own.
Spud
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Spud »

Dioufy wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 09:38 Poor.
Mainly because that’s what my wife thinks as commentary teams and pundits (every network seemingly) directly and consistently give contrary opinions to my own.
Another who does himself a disservice.
Dioufy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Dioufy »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 09:17 99% of my scorecards are usually in line with the general public and boxing fans.

I've had a small number of shockers. But then I don't like rewatching and re-scoring fights.
Don’t beat yourself up. I had Canelo v Mayweather 6-6 and haven’t watched it a second time.

Even wrote an email to Adelaide Byrd telling her and asking her to take me out on a date.

No response.

No respect.
Boxerbeetle
Super Welterweight

Post by Boxerbeetle »

I’d give myself about 2/10 these days, honestly don’t think I’ve ever cared less about boxing.
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

Was at a show last night and will be on Saturday. Was supposed to be last Friday as well but got let down. I’d say I’m decent in the other areas.
Dioufy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Dioufy »

Spud wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 09:41
Dioufy wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 09:38 Poor.
Another who does himself a disservice.
Tbh I was mad about the sport 10 years ago. Now I sometimes forget fights are on.

I went to Parker/Chis, Benn/van Heerden and Fury/Whyte in the last 12 months but do not plan to go to anymore. Maybe ever. Too many knobs and pissed up people. Expensive drinks. Usually terrible undercards and fans are getting ripped off by touts and PPVs for any reasonable fight. Sod that… I’m done with that.

I feel I score 90% of fights in unison with most of the respectable people here… so I’m happy.

I watch the descent fights on BT, Sky and 5 but it’s sometimes hard to justify over football.

As much as he is a pudendum… and he is a proper pudendum… believe me. I mean genuinely a pudendum. Maggie has to be the barometer for a 10 so I think I’m currently a 6… used to be a 8 10 years ago… and in 10 years I’ll probably be a -2.

Shit sport… it’s a shame a part of me does love it.
vidal
Welterweight

Post by vidal »

An enthusiastic casual who wouldn't hold a candle to most on here in terms of boxing knowledge.

I enjoy the big fights and I kind of blag it as the one with boxing knowledge among my mates...... so I just make sh*t up most of the time..... they seem content.

I enjoy reading the boxing content here, but I rarely post as I've nowt to contribute...... feckless charm and dashing looks doesn't count for much on a forum.
mickey1975
Super Middleweight

Post by mickey1975 »

Does Maggie go to a lot of shows?
maverick23
Super Welterweight

Post by maverick23 »

If a zero is someone who doesn’t follow boxing then most of us on here would be 10s.

I don’t think I’m quite as detailed as I once was. There was a time where I could have reeled off every sanctioning body champ from heavy down to flyweight. Not so much anymore although I’d still get 90% or so I think.

I also haven’t been to anywhere near the same volume of shows post covid.

I’d probably put myself at 7.5.
Dioufy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Dioufy »

mickey1975 wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 09:56 Does Maggie go to a lot of shows?
Don’t think he has time Tbf. I heard a viscous rumour he scours the Boxrec database 18 hours a day (2hrs online scrabble, 4hrs sleep) in an endless mission to make us all feel silly with our opinions.
Ask him who is ranked #12 super bantam in the Maldives and he will tell you the dude didn’t deserve the MD he got on his debut.
He’s a legend tho. Helped me out on a Breidas/Opetaia stream 2 days after I called him a mong… and not even in jest.
Never forget.
🙏
coneye
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by coneye »

Think i would rate a 2 /10 and only because i used to know most boxers , now i just follow the mainstream boxers , and can't be arsed with a lot of them ,,, If i come to England and was given a free ticket to Fury , unless it was ringside with a free pass to an after fight party , gauranteed to be full of strippers with masive tits covered in charlie , and a free glass of beer in there hand i would'nt go , you would find me at a kareoke bar , giving it some Tom Jones .

Not many boxers or fights i would actually pay to see nowadays , and i know my interest will go down rather than up ,, and stay that way until the promoters do there job and that is put on fights that entertain , thats the supposed job of promoters ,, picking easy marks and easy wins , is the managers job not the promoters ,, its all back too front now
jtourettes
Super Middleweight

Post by jtourettes »

Once upon a time, a 9. Now barely a 2 due to boredom with the politics of the sport, 2 young kids means less spare time and living in Greece means I'm a TV viewer only nowadays.
dookus
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by dookus »

A 2 now, and perhaps a 7 years ago.
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

I go to two shows a year, which is about 40% attendance in my area ie: 150kms from home. Been keen on boxing since 6 years old. Fought ams as a yoof, very averagely.
Since the advent of all these bullsh*t PPVs, I watch a lot less boxing live now. I'm happy to wait a few days, avoiding spoilers and watch for free. I cancelled my DAZN subscription and screw the lot of them.
I've gone from a 7/10 to a 3/10 pretty much within the last 3 years.
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

coneye wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 12:05 Think i would rate a 2 /10 and only because i used to know most boxers , now i just follow the mainstream boxers , and can't be arsed with a lot of them ,,, If i come to England and was given a free ticket to Fury , unless it was ringside with a free pass to an after fight party , gauranteed to be full of strippers with masive tits covered in charlie , and a free glass of beer in there hand i would'nt go , you would find me at a kareoke bar , giving it some Tom Jones .

Not many boxers or fights i would actually pay to see nowadays , and i know my interest will go down rather than up ,, and stay that way until the promoters do there job and that is put on fights that entertain , thats the supposed job of promoters ,, picking easy marks and easy wins , is the managers job not the promoters ,, its all back too front now
I can usually tell your mood by the amount of commas, and they have definitely been on the decline :verysad:
KiwiRider
Super Bantamweight

Post by KiwiRider »

John's probably reading this thread thinking :"Dammit, this website isn't going to be the ideal retirement plan"
As we all drift away from the floundering, dwindling sport
tonyevs
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by tonyevs »

Attendance at shows:
Only attended 2 professional shows since Covid.

Never miss a show on tv.
Mostly watch it a day .. sometimes longer after.

Ability to score a fight.
Top marks here. Top marks on predicting score cards when the away fighter gets shafted.

Knowledge of boxing.
Top marks in some areas - low marks in others.

You never complain about boxing on boxrec.
Not sure if complaining gets marked high or low for that?

Total score: 3 (possibly 5 depending on last scoring criteria)
veriton
Super Middleweight

Post by veriton »

I'd rate myself 7 nowadays.

BN subscriber and most podcasts are boxing but hardly ever get PPV so don't see a lot of big fights live.

Have BT and get DAZN if decent so watch a fair bit though.

Last show I went to there was a huge brawl in crowd (copper box) and haven't been back.

The days of missing my best mate's wedding because Harrison v McCullough was on are behind me now - I'm living with boxing rather than letting the addiction rule my life!