Carl Froch at it again

jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Re: Carl Froch at it again

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

leejonesjnr wrote: 30 Mar 2023, 09:44 I dislike Froch, the man is a prick but I have never got the impression that he is racist.
It seems a bit pointless baiting people all the time but it’s easy enough to ignore most of the time.
Always liked Froch as a fighter, he's an arrogant so and so, but I figure he earned that right, because in the ring, he was all business, ducked nobody, and had some really cracking nights, and was as brave as they come, and tough to boot.

Would I have wanted to knock about with him, probably not, he's likely pretty unbearable - and I'd imagine bigging himself up quite a lot - but he's definitely got my respect.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Carl Froch doubles down on Flat Earth theory with bizarre explanation

Carl Froch's theories on the earth have left many fans wondering if the former super-middleweight world champion took one blow to the head too many during his career

Carl Froch has doubled down on one of his most notorious lines - and it has nothing to do with boxing in front of 80,000 people at Wembley.

The former world champion, who has spent much of his time of late calling out YouTubers Jake and Logan Paul, raised eyebrows back in 2019 when he bizarrely argued that the world was flat. Dismissing NASA as 'fake', he also dismissed theories that Neil Armstrong landed on the moon in 1969.

"The Earth is flat, 100%" the man dubbed 'The Cobra' said at the time. "When someone like Richard Branson goes up there and starts doing chartered flights... and you can look back on Earth and see the Earth’s curvature, I’ll believe the Earth is a globe.”

Boxing fans have spent much of the four years since trying to work out if Froch, 45, was joking or just going crazy. But sure enough, the man who is also now goading UFC icon Conor McGregor by touting a fight in the octagon really was airing a genuine theory.

The Nottingham man appeared on the Macklin's Take podcast, and was tackled on his previous words. But far from changing his tune, he responded: "Here's the problem. I've tried to prove - and I challenge anybody listening to this - prove that the Earth is spherical. Prove that it's round. Prove that it's actually a globe."

Macklin did indeed challenge him firing back with: "All I know is that when Michael Conlan was boxing in Brisbane, we left LA and flew west and 12 hours later we were in Brisbane. So I don't see how the world can possibly be flat."

Seemingly tying himself in knots, Froch then delivered the sort of geography lesson which is unlikely to appear on the syllabus for school teachers anytime soon. "I could get a piece of A4 paper, write down the centre of the flat Earth - which is the North Pole - and write down the ice wall - which is right down the south side - all the way around the circumference of the flat Earth, and you would circumnavigate and you'd get from where you just said [LA] to where you just said [Brisbane] in the same flight path."

As if he'd settled the debate, Froch then confidently quipped "Next question," leaving the host as muddled as the listeners. But at least he's proved himself to be consistent with his theory, no matter how barmy.

The star retired from the sport in 2014 following his dramatic KO win over George Groves in London. He finished with a 33-2 professional record before his somewhat outspoken foray into punditry.
NoScoutingReports
Featherweight

Post by NoScoutingReports »

I swear Froch is trolling 100% of the time on every subject matter :lol: gives me the impression he's on the wind up 24/7.
CaptainSpacerod
Lightweight

Post by CaptainSpacerod »

I think Froch is just a funny guy who's often on a wind up.

His reaction to the Bellew Buncey non incident at the weekend spoke volumes - he's just sat there quietly like a naughty kid grinning away to himself and filming it for his own amusement while everyone else is posturing and deadly serious
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

allegedly Claims British Boxing Legend Was ‘So Jealous’ Of Amir Khan

allegedly and Carl Froch’s war of words looks like it is going to rumble on the foreseeable future, with the Queensberry boss taking a fresh pop at ‘The Cobra’ this week.

Since hanging up the gloves, Froch has become known for not holding back in his assessment of active fighters and has found himself in a few quarrels as a result.

One such fighter was Amir Khan, who Warren claimed Froch was “so jealous” of, whilst appearing on Up Front with Simon Jordan.

“He [Froch] is one fighter who doesn’t like any fighters! All he does is slag them off.”

“He was so jealous of Amir Khan. He once fought in Nottingham and done about three or four thousand tickets, then we brought Amir up there and he sold the whole place out – in a six round fight! It was fun”

Froch famously said Khan was “only good for getting chinned” after his loss to Kell Brook last year, though since expressed his desire to bury the hatchet with the Bolton fighter.

Warren and Froch have found themselves entangled in a back and forth after the former champion criticised Tyson Fury, to which Warren responded by claiming Froch ducked Joe Calzaghe back in the 2000s.

As one would expect, that was not particularly well received by ‘The Cobra’, who labelled Warren’s accusations as “slander.”

Given Froch and Warren’s track record and reputation, boxing fans can be rest assured the feud is unlikely to end here, with further jibes and insults a near certainty.

Dan Dares
Super Middleweight

Post by Dan Dares »

Froch has retweeted and defended Tommy Robinson. Pretty much makes him a racist in my eyes.

It's the same as Mayweather - love to watch Froch fight, not interested in his opinions or anything else about him outside of the ring.
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Carl Froch Predicts Prime Naseem Hamed Vs Naoya Inoue: “He Could Stretcher Him”

“It’s one of them innit. When you go prime vs prime you can’t factor in that bomb that Naseem Hamed used to land. That massive uppercut, the power in held in both hands, the explosive power, so yes Nas could have got outboxed but yes he could have absolutely stretchered him.”

Host Spencer Oliver then reckoned that Prince Nas would win. Froch agreed.

“Prince Nas wasn’t just a massive puncher. He was quick as well, speed on that jab, and he’d land that uppercut from all angles. Such a nightmare to box.”
Ruthless-RKO
Lightweight

Post by Ruthless-RKO »

Froch Not Impressed With Joshua's Win: “That Performance Was Awful!”

“That performance was awful,” Froch told iFL TV. “It was terrible. It was such a bad performance in so many ways.”

“He was tentative,” continued Froch. “He was gun shy, he looked like he didn’t want to be in there at times.”
JamesPhilips
Super Flyweight

Post by JamesPhilips »

Ruthless-RKO wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 13:33 Froch Not Impressed With Joshua's Win: “That Performance Was Awful!”

“That performance was awful,” Froch told iFL TV. “It was terrible. It was such a bad performance in so many ways.”

“He was tentative,” continued Froch. “He was gun shy, he looked like he didn’t want to be in there at times.”
Lol in some ways I love Froch he’s not afraid to criticise but are there any UK boxers he likes?
si7dog7
Super Welterweight

Post by si7dog7 »

A guy I’d love to have a beer with.
Tells it like it is
Mind you we’d have a discussion on flat Earth
Nightmare Roy
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by Nightmare Roy »

JamesPhilips wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 14:26
Ruthless-RKO wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 13:33 Froch Not Impressed With Joshua's Win: “That Performance Was Awful!”

Lol in some ways I love Froch he’s not afraid to criticise but are there any UK boxers he likes?
You would think AJ pissed in his pocket the amount of shit Froch gives him it's OTT IMO, I think it stems from his relationship with Rob Mckracken, either that or the fact AJ pissed all over the 80,000 at Wembley. That said if anyone does have the right to criticise, it's Froch he was a super hard pudendum who fought killer after killer for years on end.
Redback Rasta
Lightweight

Post by Redback Rasta »

Nightmare Roy wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 17:19
JamesPhilips wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 14:26

You would think AJ pissed in his pocket the amount of shit Froch gives him it's OTT IMO, I think it stems from his relationship with Rob Mckracken, either that or the fact AJ pissed all over the 80,000 at Wembley. That said if anyone does have the right to criticise, it's Froch he was a super hard pudendum who fought killer after killer for years on end.
Froch is p1ssed off at Joshua criticizing McCracken and though I don't always agree with Froch, I don't see why Joshua couldn't have parted ways with McCracken with dignity.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

Post by margaret thatcher »

carl is a tommy robinson boy, yes

although maybe that's part of his chung in teek shtick :oo
liamlion
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by liamlion »

margaret thatcher wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 18:39 carl is a tommy robinson boy, yes

although maybe that's part of his chung in teek shtick :oo
Very common to see this nowadays, no debating Froch on his assertions about Joshua but instead trying to undermine someone’s credibility by linking them to someone unpleasant or considered an extremist. Almost as if the person’s opinion isn’t valid because of their political views or associations.

I care not whether Froch supports Tommy Robinson. I think his comments about Joshua are entirely accurate and justified. Yes, he’s holding Joshua up to a high standard but he is entirely qualified to talk about the subject with authority.

Whether Froch is personally a prick, or very direct or doesn’t like oppressive or contentious parts of a religion, doesn’t in anyway devalue his opinions on boxing and certainly not about Joshua. A racist can still be right about certain issues.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

he's a public figure who puts his views out there, they are fair game for criticism and comment whether about boxing or not

of course having bizarre views about the earth being flat, praising nutjob criminal weirdos, etc...doesnt make his boxing opinions wrong. those must be judged on their own merit
high tower 1
Super Bantamweight

Post by high tower 1 »

margaret thatcher wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 16:16 he's a public figure who puts his views out there, they are fair game for criticism and comment whether about boxing or not

of course having bizarre views about the earth being flat, praising nutjob criminal weirdos, etc...doesnt make his boxing opinions wrong. those must be judged on their own merit
He’s been proven right about Joshua. A total shit the bed hype job. He may indeed be a flat earther bell end but he was correct on AJ all along.
liamlion
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by liamlion »

margaret thatcher wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 16:16 he's a public figure who puts his views out there, they are fair game for criticism and comment whether about boxing or not

Just not sure how your comments about Froch being a “Tommy Robinson boy” relate to a debate about the rights and wrongs of Froch’s comments about Anthony Joshua...
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

liamlion wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 16:40

Just not sure how your comments about Froch being a “Tommy Robinson boy” relate to a debate about the rights and wrongs of Froch’s comments about Anthony Joshua...
someone mentioned it above - it was just a very short post alluding to that since it entered the discussion. nowhere did i try to minimize his opinion on boxing based on his other views. are you the comment police now ? :lol:
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

high tower 1 wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 16:38

He’s been proven right about Joshua. A total shit the bed hype job. He may indeed be a flat earther bell end but he was correct on AJ all along.
unified world champ, in the global top 5 for years. beat other champs and loads of contenders. excellent career aj's had.
bripez
Light Heavyweight

Post by bripez »

If Joshua was still with Mcracken I am sure Froch would be singing his praises.

Who is Mcracken training these days?
liamlion
Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Post by liamlion »

margaret thatcher wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 16:41

someone mentioned it above - it was just a very short post alluding to that since it entered the discussion. nowhere did i try to minimize his opinion on boxing based on his other views. are you the comment police now ? :lol:
Yeah, you’re nicked son! :OhYes:
The Gratest
Super Flyweight

Post by The Gratest »

If your definition of 'correct on AJ all along' is criticising Joshua ever since his shock defeat to Ruiz, then I guess, like the majority of the boxing world, he's right, but so's everyone else.

Prior to that, he was full of praise for Joshua.

On beating Klitschko:
"There were a lot of questions - they've all be answered. Anthony Joshua came of age," Froch told Sky Sports.
"It was almost impossible what he did - but he did it."

On beating Povetkin:
"When I was sat here watching the Klitschko performance, although it was an amazing night, I remember thinking: yes he beat my record for supporters, but I didn't think that tremendous performance at Wembley would ever be topped - but he's gone and done it.
"I know Povetkin is not a bigger name than Klitschko but he was a more livelier opponent and a more dangerous fight for Joshua and look how he performed. It was mesmerising."

His prediction for the first Ruiz fight:
“Ruiz is a tougher fight than Jarrell Miller. Miller was all hype and all mouth and no substance. Ruiz doesn't look like he is up to much - he is not in good shape.
“But he has a deceptive work-rate and he can punch. I still think AJ is too professional to get caught out. He is too good. I can see a stoppage at some point in the first six rounds.”

So, nothing like 'correct on AJ all along'.
If you're able to provide quotes on Froch predicting Joshua to be a 'total shit the bed hype job' prior to the Ruiz loss and before they started feuding then on you go.
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

The Gratest wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 17:50

If your definition of 'correct on AJ all along' is criticising Joshua ever since his shock defeat to Ruiz, then I guess, like the majority of the boxing world, he's right, but so's everyone else.

On beating Klitschko:
"There were a lot of questions - they've all be answered. Anthony Joshua came of age," Froch told Sky Sports.

On beating Povetkin:
"When I was sat here watching the Klitschko performance, although it was an amazing night, I remember thinking: yes he beat my record for supporters, but I didn't think that tremendous performance at Wembley would ever be topped - but he's gone and done it.
"I know Povetkin is not a bigger name than Klitschko but he was a more livelier opponent and a more dangerous fight for Joshua and look how he performed. It was mesmerising."

“Ruiz is a tougher fight than Jarrell Miller. Miller was all hype and all mouth and no substance. Ruiz doesn't look like he is up to much - he is not in good shape.
“But he has a deceptive work-rate and he can punch. I still think AJ is too professional to get caught out. He is too good. I can see a stoppage at some point in the first six rounds.”

If you're able to provide quotes on Froch predicting Joshua to be a 'total shit the bed hype job' prior to the Ruiz loss and before they started feuding then on you go.
this anthony joshua guy froch is hyping sounds pretty good tbh
margaret thatcher
Bantamweight

liamlion wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 17:17
margaret thatcher wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 16:41

Yeah, you’re nicked son! :OhYes:
i surrender :oo
high tower 1
Super Bantamweight

Post by high tower 1 »

The Gratest wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 17:50

On beating Klitschko:

On beating Povetkin:

You’ve got too much free time …