Tory fvcking scumbags

Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight
Posts: 36785
Joined: 20 May 2008, 11:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Counter-puncher »

Teddy's Toupee wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 10:04
Counter-puncher wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 09:34 i can't claim to be immune from accidentally halfway-liking these very-slightly-less-awful Tories just because they are very slightly less awful, its just the bar of my expectations is so low that if they display a faint scintilla of humanity they appear like Mother T herself, i totally get it.
Tory MP: "Johnson should not have attended those parties in number 10 during lockdown."
British public: "This Tory MP is just like Jesus."
:lol: exactly
Bodyshot3
Super Lightweight
Posts: 8985
Joined: 31 Dec 2013, 15:19

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Bodyshot3 »

His new book, I imagine. I'm going to read it over the next few months - time permitting.
I quite like Rory. He's a decent man. I don't agree with him on a lot of things, but you know with him that he's at least considered his position.
Correct and it is an excellent read.

Stewart is cut from some very different and better cloth I think.
He's already led an interesting and worthwhile life before politics, entirely different from a venal Johnson figure.

He's passionate about public service, actually wanted his civil servants to say far more and not less and is a big believer in politicians being faciliators rather than coming into a ministry with a prescribed agenda.

He was possibly naive in believing that a lighter-listening touch was going to work (admits this himself) and you can feel his disappointment that party hack-ism infects absolutely everything.

He comes up with a good line that if you do your job well as a minister - do what you are paid to do, deliver what you have promised to deadline - you don't need to be in a constant campaign mode or use policy wonks and spin doctors.

He's on the outside now, so that's a thoughtful and original thinker out of the Tory Party. And they had very precious few to spare in the first place.

The Tories in government badly need this kind of moderation and yes a degree of intellectualism.....but they are addicted to inexperienced buffoons like Braverman who thinks policy is issuing a press release and being a party blowhard.
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight
Posts: 36785
Joined: 20 May 2008, 11:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Counter-puncher »

Don’t be silly, intellectualism is irreconcilable with dogma and implies the necessity for nuance. Very clearly it’s antithetical to everything the Tories are and seek to do.
Bodyshot3
Super Lightweight
Posts: 8985
Joined: 31 Dec 2013, 15:19

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Bodyshot3 »

Don’t be silly, intellectualism is irreconcilable with dogma and implies the necessity for nuance. Very clearly it’s antithetical to everything the Tories are and seek to do.

You are right of course CP....and that is why Stewart is now on the outside looking-in and made no headway.

The book is very much a burning-the-bridges exercise by Stewart (probably written in anger) but nonetheless very valuable, because it shows exactly where we are and why it is so utterly wrong.

Maybe it will start something more profound, but that's my naive optimism coming to the fore ;-)

Stewart - to correct the record slightly is not just an effete intellectual - he's a doer and an achiever who has seen the wider world well beyond Whitehall and Westminster. A good deal of his justified frustration is that this did not matter a jot.
Teddy's Toupee
Super Middleweight
Posts: 2904
Joined: 25 Sep 2010, 17:37

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Teddy's Toupee »

Counter-puncher wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 13:36 Don’t be silly, intellectualism is irreconcilable with dogma and implies the necessity for nuance. Very clearly it’s antithetical to everything the Tories are and seek to do.
See how easy it is to get drawn in? "Moderation", "intellectual", "thoughtful".
This moderate, thoughtful, intellectual thinker, who Bodyshot imagines, still voted for all the ideologically motivated cuts to public services and social security that the Tories inflicted on the population. But he really does care about public service. It isn't a statement known for it's "nuance", but Bevan was right to describe the Tories as "lower than vermin".
jamesmcdonnell
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 40031
Joined: 12 Nov 2003, 06:11

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by jamesmcdonnell »

His podcast with Alistair Campbell is excellent
Teddy's Toupee
Super Middleweight
Posts: 2904
Joined: 25 Sep 2010, 17:37

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Teddy's Toupee »

jamesmcdonnell wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 16:12 His podcast with Alistair Campbell is excellent
Campbell is another c#nt.
Coco
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 22634
Joined: 08 May 2007, 05:42

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Coco »

Teddy's Toupee wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 16:14
jamesmcdonnell wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 16:12 His podcast with Alistair Campbell is excellent
Campbell is another c#nt.
Complete c#nt
Teddy's Toupee
Super Middleweight
Posts: 2904
Joined: 25 Sep 2010, 17:37

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Teddy's Toupee »

Coco wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 17:08
Teddy's Toupee wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 16:14
jamesmcdonnell wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 16:12 His podcast with Alistair Campbell is excellent
Campbell is another c#nt.
Complete c#nt
:TU:
The Gratest
Super Flyweight
Posts: 5292
Joined: 20 Jun 2020, 19:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by The Gratest »

There can be only one!

The Gratest
Super Flyweight
Posts: 5292
Joined: 20 Jun 2020, 19:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by The Gratest »

The Gratest
Super Flyweight
Posts: 5292
Joined: 20 Jun 2020, 19:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by The Gratest »

Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight
Posts: 36785
Joined: 20 May 2008, 11:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Counter-puncher »

Teddy's Toupee wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 16:04
Counter-puncher wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 13:36 Don’t be silly, intellectualism is irreconcilable with dogma and implies the necessity for nuance. Very clearly it’s antithetical to everything the Tories are and seek to do.
See how easy it is to get drawn in? "Moderation", "intellectual", "thoughtful".
This moderate, thoughtful, intellectual thinker, who Bodyshot imagines, still voted for all the ideologically motivated cuts to public services and social security that the Tories inflicted on the population. But he really does care about public service. It isn't a statement known for it's "nuance", but Bevan was right to describe the Tories as "lower than vermin".
My dad says until he was 11 years old he thought 'Torybastards' was one word.

this will cheer you up, though: a strident presentation of a genuine alternative, that's right, keir Starmer and his opinions of Trump and potentially having to work with him:

Speaking to the BBC’s Political Thinking with Nick Robinson podcast, Starmer said: “We have to make it work. That doesn’t mean that, you know, we would agree on everything, but we have to make it work.

“I mean, I think one of the things about being a leader is you don’t get to choose the other leaders around the world.

“That is the job of democracies where there are democracies. But in a grown-up world, you have to make that relationship work.”



I'm sure it reassures you greatly, that Starmer 'doesn't agree with Trump on everything' :lol: :lol: :lol:

and not only that, but he is sure to stress that he lives in a 'grown up world'. A reassuringly sensible approach, wouldn't you agree?
Teddy's Toupee
Super Middleweight
Posts: 2904
Joined: 25 Sep 2010, 17:37

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Teddy's Toupee »

Counter-puncher wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 04:17
Teddy's Toupee wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 16:04
Counter-puncher wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 13:36 Don’t be silly, intellectualism is irreconcilable with dogma and implies the necessity for nuance. Very clearly it’s antithetical to everything the Tories are and seek to do.
See how easy it is to get drawn in? "Moderation", "intellectual", "thoughtful".
This moderate, thoughtful, intellectual thinker, who Bodyshot imagines, still voted for all the ideologically motivated cuts to public services and social security that the Tories inflicted on the population. But he really does care about public service. It isn't a statement known for it's "nuance", but Bevan was right to describe the Tories as "lower than vermin".
My dad says until he was 11 years old he thought 'Torybastards' was one word.

this will cheer you up, though: a strident presentation of a genuine alternative, that's right, keir Starmer and his opinions of Trump and potentially having to work with him:

Speaking to the BBC’s Political Thinking with Nick Robinson podcast, Starmer said: “We have to make it work. That doesn’t mean that, you know, we would agree on everything, but we have to make it work.

“I mean, I think one of the things about being a leader is you don’t get to choose the other leaders around the world.

“That is the job of democracies where there are democracies. But in a grown-up world, you have to make that relationship work.”



I'm sure it reassures you greatly, that Starmer 'doesn't agree with Trump on everything' :lol: :lol: :lol:

and not only that, but he is sure to stress that he lives in a 'grown up world'. A reassuringly sensible approach, wouldn't you agree?
A "Sensible", "Centrist", "Grown Up", "In The Room" stance taken there.
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight
Posts: 36785
Joined: 20 May 2008, 11:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Counter-puncher »

its a grown-up world, mate :TU:
Fray Bentos
Super Bantamweight
Posts: 13696
Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 14:12

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Fray Bentos »

I dislike Rory Stewart and his wetwipe act - he gets away with it because his colleagues are that bad - his voting record suggests he is a true pudendum to the tory cause.

I know he walked across the Afghan desert - none of it excuses him for faithfully voting for Cameron's austerity measures.
Coco
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 22634
Joined: 08 May 2007, 05:42

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Coco »

Fray Bentos wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 06:02 I dislike Rory Stewart and his wetwipe act - he gets away with it because his colleagues are that bad - his voting record suggests he is a true pudendum to the tory cause.

I know he walked across the Afghan desert - none of it excuses him for faithfully voting for Cameron's austerity measures.
Do you forgive the current Lib-Dem leader for sitting on Cameron's front bench like a nodding dog?

Bloody Kid Starver really has little competition
Fray Bentos
Super Bantamweight
Posts: 13696
Joined: 25 Dec 2017, 14:12

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Fray Bentos »

Coco wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 16:49
Fray Bentos wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 06:02 I dislike Rory Stewart and his wetwipe act - he gets away with it because his colleagues are that bad - his voting record suggests he is a true pudendum to the tory cause.

I know he walked across the Afghan desert - none of it excuses him for faithfully voting for Cameron's austerity measures.
Do you forgive the current Lib-Dem leader for sitting on Cameron's front bench like a nodding dog?

Bloody Kid Starver really has little competition
I have never voted Lib Dem - never voted for a tory either. :TU:
SticknMove
Heavyweight
Heavyweight
Posts: 4778
Joined: 04 Aug 2006, 09:02

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by SticknMove »

Teddy's Toupee wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 16:04
Counter-puncher wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 13:36 Don’t be silly, intellectualism is irreconcilable with dogma and implies the necessity for nuance. Very clearly it’s antithetical to everything the Tories are and seek to do.
See how easy it is to get drawn in? "Moderation", "intellectual", "thoughtful".
This moderate, thoughtful, intellectual thinker, who Bodyshot imagines, still voted for all the ideologically motivated cuts to public services and social security that the Tories inflicted on the population. But he really does care about public service. It isn't a statement known for it's "nuance", but Bevan was right to describe the Tories as "lower than vermin".
FFS give Teddy and communism a chance. He won’t force it like Stalin or Mao.

Accepting mid 19th century Marxist philosophy and trying to apply it as an ideology for all the ages is an utopia that can be only enforced. Bit like a religion with cult members accruing capital for insurance/assurance.
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight
Posts: 36785
Joined: 20 May 2008, 11:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Counter-puncher »

just the usual tory combination of divisive, hateful politics, and outright lies:

Suella Braverman falsely claimed child grooming gangs in the UK were “almost all British-Pakistani”, according to a ruling by the press regulator, Ipso.

The home secretary made the claim in a Mail on Sunday article published in April, where she singled out British-Pakistani men as being involved in child sexual abuse due to “cultural attitudes completely incompatible with British values” that “have been left mostly unchallenged both within their communities and by wider society”.

Ipso has forced the Mail on Sunday to issue an apology and correction to Braverman’s piece after concluding the statement was false. The regulator said Braverman’s decision to link “the identified ethnic group and a particular form of offending was significantly misleading” because the Home Office’s own research had concluded offenders were mainly from white backgrounds.

In its defence, the Mail on Sunday argued that prior to publication it had double-checked Braverman’s decision to single out British-Pakistanis with advisers to the home secretary and the prime minister, Rishi Sunak. Both teams at the top level of government confirmed they had “no concern over this particular line” and were happy for it to be published.
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight
Posts: 36785
Joined: 20 May 2008, 11:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Counter-puncher »



well, this looks really really really really really natural and unforced and very natural and relaxed doesn't it, and not at all like they are shoehorning somebody who literally never goes into pubs ever into a pub just because its Lee Anderson and he's a ruddy blokey blokey blokey bloke isn't he, and he tells it like it is and he's just like one of us, really, and what better venue for a pull-no-punches speak-the-truth-without-fear-or-favour, tell-it-like-it-is chat, over a couple of blokey pints with the blokiest bloke in the country, where they can Say The Things That Others Are Too Scared To Say* and stick two blokey fingers up to the Woke Mob, because actually nowadays, right, if you say you go to the pub, they'll lock you up in gaol, so all in all its a massive two fingers to the Woke Mob, who will all be just so so so so so triggered because they're in a pub and they're just telling it like it is and the left will be so triggered



* I mean, lying.
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight
Posts: 36785
Joined: 20 May 2008, 11:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Counter-puncher »

'her first interview on British soil following her landmark speech' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the date will be marked in the history books, I am sure

I have obtained an exclusive preview, apologies for the spoilers but i think its important to share:

Lee Anderson: 'so, Suella, you're absolutely great and the woke lefties are absolutely rubbish, would you agree?'

A: 'yes, woke lefties are terrible, absolute scum and I'm the only person brave enough to say so'

Lee Anderson: 'It's true though isn't it, this country used to be great and then the lefties ruined it, would you agree?'

A: 'absolutely, Lee, this country was the greatest in the world and it can be again if we just stop surrendering to the Woke Mind Virus'

Lee Anderson: 'That's a really good point about the Woke Mind Virus because it is isn't it, it's like a disease, would you agree?'

A: 'yes, its a terrible disease and it's really the only thing holding this great country back (Anderson takes self-satisfied swig of his very blokey blokey pint at this point because he's a ruddy blokey bloke and he wants to badly trigger the woke lefties) but the people of this country are getting sick of it and we will win this war, and I say war because thats what it is, its a war for our future and our children'

Lee Anderson: 'would you say if we don't win this war, all our children will identify as trans, or cats, or foxes?'

A: 'yes its the inevitable direction the Woke Mind Virus pushes our nation towards'


etc etc
Bodyshot3
Super Lightweight
Posts: 8985
Joined: 31 Dec 2013, 15:19

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Bodyshot3 »

Deeply pathetic-rancid that Braverman can now only face a political colleague in an "interview scenario".....and a bonehead one whose sole reason for existence is to puff her own agenda. Offcom have rightly shown some interest.

Meanwhile. GB News probably don't even have the wit to charge them a full advertising ratecard fee. Income they now probably badly need :lol:

I am deeply curious as to why Braverman has not been flung over the side into the political version of the Council Skip. What's the grand-devious plan by keeping such a dense, repeatedly inept, out-of-her-depth fool in place?

Shore-up some of the hardline vote with some weird, throwback Michael Howard tribute act in a skirt because you know you are going to get obliterated anyway?

I am not getting it at all - even for a party flirting with insanity - Braverman feels like the headcase too many.
Counter-puncher
Cruiserweight
Posts: 36785
Joined: 20 May 2008, 11:41

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Counter-puncher »

Bodyshot3 wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 14:53 Deeply pathetic-rancid that Braverman can now only face a political colleague in an "interview scenario".....and a bonehead one whose sole reason for existence is to puff her own agenda. Offcom have rightly shown some interest.

Meanwhile. GB News probably don't even have the wit to charge them a full advertising ratecard fee. Income they now probably badly need :lol:

I am deeply curious as to why Braverman has not been flung over the side into the political version of the Council Skip. What's the grand-devious plan by keeping such a dense, repeatedly inept, out-of-her-depth fool in place?

Shore-up some of the hardline vote with some weird, throwback Michael Howard tribute act in a skirt because you know you are going to get obliterated anyway?

I am not getting it at all - even for a party flirting with insanity - Braverman feels like the headcase too many.
i have to wonder if they are entirely cocooned within a GroupThink silo not unlike the Republicans. Like, assumptions of cynical populism aside, plenty of these types seem to actually believe in (or at least be committed to) all the rightwards-lurching stuff. They definitely, definitely don't like 'woke'.
Bodyshot3
Super Lightweight
Posts: 8985
Joined: 31 Dec 2013, 15:19

Re: Tory fvcking scumbags

Post by Bodyshot3 »

i have to wonder if they are entirely cocooned within a GroupThink silo not unlike the Republicans. Like, assumptions of cynical populism aside, plenty of these types seem to actually believe in (or at least be committed to) all the rightwards-lurching stuff. They definitely, definitely don't like 'woke'.
I suspect you are correct CP.......they now seem wholly divorced from reality and policy is constructed by advisors who are essentially only ideologues, party functionaries with very little real-world experience.

So you simply get an echo chamber.
The person you pay and wants to get promoted, unsurprisingly tells you what you want to hear.

Stewart's book touches on this time and again and why it is a worth read.
Post Reply