Deontay Wilder vs. Marlon Hayes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Deontay Wilder 219 lbs beat Marlon Hayes 215 lbs by TKO at 3:00 in round 4 of 8
- Date: 2012-02-25
- Location: Scottrade Center, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
- Judge: Jerry Griffin
- Referee: Mike England
- Judge: Marty Bickle
- Judge: Barbara Madison
- Deontay Wilder 20-0 (20 KOs) vs. Marlon Hayes 23-10 (11 KOs)
- Wilder's original opponent was to be Chris Koval, who was a late scratch.
- Hayes entered having not fought since October of 2007; a layoff of over 4 years. Prior to the layoff, he was 3-10 in his previous 13 and was knocked out 4 times in that span.
- Wilder won by fourth round TKO, after the referee Mike England waved the fight off.