Name: Pinklon Thomas
Hometown: Pontiac, Michigan, USA
Birthplace: Pontiac, Michigan, USA
Pro Boxer: Record
Managers: Joe West and Roland Jankelson
Trainer: Angelo Dundee
- Competed from 1978 to 1993 and held the WBC heavyweight title from 1984 to 1986. Thomas' distinguishing characteristics were his pink boxing trunks and a powerful left jab.
- A native of Pontiac, Michigan, who also lived on military bases in South Carolina and Washington, Thomas eventually settled in Orlando, Florida.
- Turned professional after just three amateur fights.
- Trainer Angelo Dundee said Thomas had a jab that was "as close to a Sonny Liston jab as I've ever seen."
- Fought a ten-round draw with Gerrie Coetzee, the WBA's No. 1 heavyweight contender and future champion, on January 22, 1983.
- Defeated Tim Witherspoon by a twelve-round majority decision to win the WBC Heavyweight Championship on August 31, 1984.
- Defended the WBC title with an eighth-round knockout of former WBA Heavyweight Champion Mike Weaver on June 15, 1985.
- Suffered his first defeat and lost the WBC title to 6½-1 underdog Trevor Berbick by a twelve-round unanimous decision on March 22, 1986.
- Knocked out in six rounds by WBA/WBC Heavyweight Champion Mike Tyson on May 20, 1987.
- Entered rehab after binging on drugs and alcohol for five days. "I’ve been 100% clean since February 10, 1989," Thomas said in 2013.
- Defeated Craig Payne by a twelve-round split decision to become the first IBO Heavyweight Champion on November 14, 1992.
- Founded Project P.I.N.K. (Pride In Neighborhood Kids) as an outlet to foster youth mentorship.
- Inducted into the Florida Boxing Hall of Fame in 2009.
- Had a record of 2-2 (1 KO) in world title fights.
- Had a record of 3-5-1 (2 KOs) against current, future and former world champions:
- "The champ's in the pink" By Pat Putnam, Sports Illustrated, September 10, 1984
- "Still in the Pink: A Life of Pinklon Thomas" By Brian D'Ambros, Boxing.com, May 28, 2013
- "Pinklon Thomas rises up again after big fall, like true heavyweight champ" Orlando Sentinel, Dec. 23, 2017
- Pinklon Thomas Bio at Alchetron
| WBC Heavyweight Champion
1984 Aug 31 – 1986 Mar 22
| IBO Heavyweight Champion
1992 Nov 14 – 1993 Jan 29