Sugar Ray Robinson vs. Jake LaMotta (2nd meeting)
Jake LaMotta 160 lbs beat Sugar Ray Robinson 144 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Date: 1943-02-05
- Location: Olympia Stadium, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Sam Hennessey 52-47
- Judge: Joe Lenahan 55-45
- Judge: Dad Butler 57-49
- Robinson was a 3-1 favorite.
- There was a crowd of 18,930 at Olympia Stadium.
- Robinson was knocked through the ropes in the eighth round. The International News Service (INS) reported: "A right to the body and a left to the head knocked Robinson through the ropes in the eighth round. Robinson lay sprawling outside the ring from a hard right to the body and a left to the head and the count was nine when the bell rang, saving the negro lad from a knockout."
- The INS reported: "In a previous meeting, Robinson copped a 10-round decision from LaMotta. Robinson won that fight by steering clear of LaMotta's hard punches and sticking strictly to clever boxing. Friday night, however, he tried to slug it out with the bundle of dynamite from the Bronx and consequently had one of the most sensational winning streaks in the history of boxing rudely interrupted."