Deontay Wilder vs. Charles Brown
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Deontay Wilder 220 lbs beat Charles Brown 230 lbs by KO at 0:55 in round 1 of 6
- Date: 2009-05-23
- Location: Duke Energy Convention Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Judge: Kim Conyard
- Referee: Ken Miliner
- Judge: Bill Cacciolfi
- Judge: Robert Pope
- Deontay Wilder 4-0 (4 KOs) vs. Charles Lee Brown 6-15-1 (3 KOs)
- Wilder came in having won his three previous bouts in the 1st Round. Brown entered having lost his six previous bouts and held a record of 2-10 in his previous twelve fight dating back to 2003.
- It was Wilder's first bout to be scheduled for more than four rounds.
- Brown was knocked down twice in the opening round from right hands.
- 'My jab was great tonight, it blinded him and I followed behind it with my right. It was a simple step 1-2-3... When I hit him with my right, he looked like he saw a ghost... After the fight he told me he had never been hit that hard before. He likes to lunge and throw a lot of hooks. I didn't give him a chance. I used my power to knock him out." Deontay Wilder