Deontay Wilder vs. Siarhei Liakhovich
Deontay Wilder 224 lbs beat Siarhei Liakhovich 232 lbs by KO at 1:43 in round 1 of 10
- Date: 2013-08-09
- Location: Fantasy Springs Casino, Indio, California, USA
- Judge: James Jen Kin
- Judge: Ray Corona
- Judge: Max DeLuca
- Referee: Thomas Taylor
Deontay Wilder pushed his knockout streak to 29 fights by dropping Sirahei Liakhovich midway through the opening round of the Showtime main event in Indio, California.
Wilder caught Liakhovich with a big right hand, while the former world champion was backed against the ropes. Liakhovich went down heavily and began twitching. At that, the referee waved an end to the bout without beginning a count. Liakhovich was kept down for some time in the ring, before being helped to a stool.
It was the third consecutive knockout loss for Liakhovich.
- Deontay Wilder 28-0 (28 KOs) vs. Siarhei Liakhovich 25-5 (16 KOs)
- Liakhovich, a 9.5-to-1 betting underdog, entered with a record of 2-4 in his previous six bouts dating back to November of 2006. It was his first fight in nearly a year and half. 
- It was the first fight for Wilder following a May 4th domestic assault arrest in Las Vegas, Nevada. Prior to the arrest, Wilder and Golden Boy Promotions has been in talks with Dereck Chisora about a potential fight in England, but the arrest led to the fight not being finalized. 
- Wilder held a 6.5" reach advantage.