Kermit Cintron vs. Mark Suarez
(Redirected from Fight:1125726)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kermit Cintron 146 lbs beat Mark Suarez 146 lbs by TKO at 2:31 in round 6 of 12
- Date: 2006-10-28
- Location: Convention Center, Palm Beach, Florida, USA
- Referee: Frank Santore Jr
- Judge: Peter Trematerra 39-37
- Judge: Eugenia Williams 40-36
- Judge: Paul Herman 39-37
- International Boxing Federation Welterweight Title (Vacant title)
- Suarez was forced to take a knee in the fifth round.
- Cintron followed up with a barrage of punches that forced Santore to call a halt.
- The fight was for the vacant title after reigning champ, Floyd Mayweather Jr., relinquished the belt in order to fight Carlos Manuel Baldomir, rather than defend against Suarez, who was the mandatory challenger.