Dave Shade vs. Ace Hudkins
Ace Hudkins 162 lbs lost to Dave Shade 159 lbs by PTS in round 10 of 10
- Date: 1930-05-27
- Location: Olympic Auditorium, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Referee: Jess (Duke) Kenworthy
A capacity crowd of more than 10,000 fans turned out for the bout, which was hailed as between 'the two most outstanding contenders for Mickey Walker's middleweight crown.' Shade gave Hudkins a boxing lesson. His peculiar bobbing and crouching style proved a complete mystery to Hudkins throughout. He carried off ten straight rounds and it was just a mere formality for Referee Kenworthy to raise his hand at the end of the lopsided battle." Los Angeles Times
- Unofficial AP scorecard - 5-1-4 Shade
- Unofficial UP scorecard - The UP report gave Shade 6 rounds but did not clarify whether the remaining 4 rounds all went to Hudkins or if there were some that were scored even.
- Both AP and UP reports claimed Shade was participating in his 416th bout.