Laurent Boudouani vs. Terry Norris
(Redirected from Fight:12969)
Laurent Boudouani 153 lbs beat Terry Norris 154 lbs by TKO in round 9 of 12
- Date: 1998-11-30
- Location: Palais des Sports, Paris, Paris, France
- Referee: Waldemar Schmidt
- World Boxing Association Super Welterweight Title (4th defense by Boudouani)
- After a close start, Boudouani began to dominate. By the ninth round, Norris was barely able to keep his feet after a succession of thundering right hand blows from the champion. Boudouani stopped an exhausted Norris in the final seconds of the ninth round.
- This was the third straight loss for Norris.
- Norris retired after the loss to Boudouani, but he tried to return to the ring in early 2000. The Nevada State Athletic Commission denied his request for a license by a 5-0 vote. "We believe there is evidence of chronic brain injury," commission vice chairman Lorenzo Fertitta said.