Tyson Fury vs. Marcel Zeller
(Redirected from Fight:1380412)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tyson Fury 253 lbs beat Marcel Zeller 233 lbs by TKO at 2:50 in round 3 of 6
- Date: 2009-01-17
- Location: Robin Park Centre, Wigan, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Howard John Foster
Weights: Fury 253 lbs., Zeller 232 1/2 lbs.
- Fury came in 8 pounds lighter for this bout than in his previous debut just a month earlier.
- Zeller wore a traditional, Scottish kilt instead of the normal trunks.
- In Round 1, Zeller backed himself into a corner and motioned multiple times for Fury to "come on". Fury responded with a nice pair of uppercuts and a few body shots that slipped through the guard of Zeller.
- In Round 2, Zeller was noticeably bleeding from the nose.
- Action was paused at :47 of Round 3 as Zeller went down from what referee Howard John Foster determined to be a low blow. Fury was issued a warning and Zeller was given time to recover.
- At 2:50 of Round 3, the referee stepped in and waved an end to the bout as Zeller was backed into a corner and absorbing punches with no effective, offensive response.