Roman Gonzalez vs. Omar Salado
Roman Gonzalez 108 lbs beat Omar Salado 108 lbs by TKO at 0:48 in round 7 of 12
- Date: 2011-07-16
- Location: Plaza de Toros, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio 60-52
- Referee: Julio Cesar Alvarado
- Judge: Al Wilensky 60-52
- Judge: Ted Gimza 60-52
- Roman Gonzalez 28-0 (23 KOs) vs. Omar Salado 22-3-2 (13 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Likar Ramos.
- Salado, a 15/1 betting underdog , entered with a record of 3-3 in his previous six bouts dating back to May of 2008. Each of the three losses came via knockout and the three wins came against opponents with combined professional records of 9-7-4.
- Gonzalez entered as the # 8 junior flyweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Salado was unranked by the same publication. 
Salado was put down twice in the opening round by a swarming Roman Gonzalez. Both times, Salado made it to his feet quickly. A gash opened on the outside of the Salado's right eyebrow in Round 4 that would bloody the side of his face throughout the remainder of the bout. Action was paused in Round 5 to allow the ringside physician to view the cut as Gonzalez continued to dominate the action. Gonzalez was warned in Round 6 for a punch that strayed low. A combination highlighted by a left hook and left uppercut sent Salado to the mat in the opening minute of Round 7. He was allowed to continue by the referee, but as Gonzalez came forward and threw a barrage the bout was stopped by the corner of Salado.