James Toney vs. Bobby Gunn
(Redirected from Fight:1670165)Jump to navigation Jump to search
James Toney 248 lbs beat Bobby Gunn 210 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 5 of 12
- Date: 2012-04-07
- Location: Landers Center, Southaven, Mississippi, USA
- Referee: Randy Phillips
- Judge: Gerald Deming
- Judge: Reccia Mullins
- Judge: Mack Thornton
- IBU Heavyweight Title (vacant)
- James Toney 73-7-3 (44 KOs) vs. Bobby Gunn 21-4-1 (18 KOs)
- Toney, 43, entered off a unanimous decision loss to Denis Lebedev five months earlier. At 248 lbs., Toney gained 49 pounds in the five months.
- Gunn, 38, came in having not fought in nearly three years following a 4th Round stoppage loss to Tomasz Adamek. At 210 lbs., he was fighting at his heaviest weight to date.
The bout was stopped prior to the beginning of Round 6 at the request of Gunn's corner, who claimed Gunn suffered a broken hand.