Tyson Fury vs. Martin Rogan
(Redirected from Fight:1670814)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tyson Fury 246 lbs beat Martin Rogan 228 lbs by TKO at 3:00 in round 5 of 12
- Date: 2012-04-14
- Location: Odyssey Arena, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Judge: Terry O'Connor
- Judge: Dave Parris
- Judge: Howard John Foster
- Referee: David John Irving
- Irish Heavyweight Title (vacant)
- Tyson Fury 17-0 (12 KOs) vs. Martin Rogan 14-2 (7 KOs)
- At 245 3/4 lbs., Fury was fighting at the lightest weight of his professional career to date.
- Fury entered as the # 11 heavyweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Rogan, a 7.75/1 betting underdog, was unranked by the same publication. 
- Rogan had not fought in 18 months and hadn't beaten an opponent with a winning record since February of 2009.
Fury put Rogan on the canvas with a left hook in the third round. Rogan went down again in Round 5 from a body shot. He did make it to his feet, but the bout was stopped at the request of his corner.