Erislandy Lara vs. Ronald Hearns
Erislandy Lara 157 lbs beat Ronald Hearns 156 lbs by TKO at 1:34 in round 1 of 10
- Date: 2012-04-20
- Location: Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi, Mississippi, USA
- Judge: Fred Steinwinder III
- Judge: David Taranto
- Referee: Keith Hughes
- Judge: Raymond White
- Aired On: ShoBox: The New Generation
- Erislandy Lara 15-1-1 (10 KOs) vs. Ronald Hearns 26-2 (20 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Jermain Taylor vs. Caleb Truax.
- Lara came in ranked as the #4 junior middleweight contender in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Hearns, a 13/1 betting underdog, was unranked by the same publication.  
- Lara entered with a record of 0-1-1 in his previous two with a highly-contested decision loss to Paul Williams nine months prior and a draw to Carlos Molina.
- Hearns entered following a 7th Round TKO loss 14 months earlier to Felix Sturm.
- It was the earliest loss of Hearns's professional career to date and the third time he had lost by knockout.
Lara dropped Hearns early with a straight left hand. Hearns received a standing eight-count moments later following a barrage from Lara. Allowed to continue, Lara continued the attack causing the referee to call an end to the bout with Hearns in trouble.