Deontay Wilder vs. Jesse Oltmanns
Deontay Wilder 219 lbs beat Jesse Oltmanns 218 lbs by TKO at 0:26 in round 1 of 8
- Date: 2012-05-26
- Location: Oasis Hotel Complex, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Judge: Luis Fitch
- Referee: Manolo Alcocer
- Judge: Jose Luis Bustamante
- Judge: Alicia Ramirez
- Promoter: Golden Boy Promotions
- Deontay Wilder 21-0 (21 KOs) vs. Jesse Oltmanns 10-2 (7 KOs)
- Oltmanns entered having not fought in 11 months following a split-decision loss to Joseph Rabotte (10-16-1). Prior to that loss, he has not fought in over seven years.
- It as the quickest knockout win of Wilder's professional career to date and the second knockout loss of Oltmann's career.
A right hand behind the ear sent Oltmanns down hard. The referee immediately waved an end to the bout without beginning a count. Oltmanns got to his feet in three seconds, appeared OK to continue, and was upset at the stoppage. Many in attendance booed at what they felt to be an early stoppage.