Tyson Fury vs. Vinny Maddalone
Tyson Fury 246 lbs beat Vinny Maddalone 233 lbs by TKO at 1:35 in round 5 of 12
- Date: 2012-07-07
- Location: Hand Arena, Clevedon, Somerset, United Kingdom
- Judge: Terry O'Connor
- Referee: Ian John Lewis
- Judge: Richard James Davies
- Judge: Mark Green
Tyson Fury improved his record to 19-0 with a fifth-round technical knockout over Vinny Maddalone of New York. Fury controlled the fight from the onset and stunned Maddalone with a combination in the opening round. Fury continued to land heavy punches and opened a cut under his opponent's left eye in the fourth. In Round 5, with Maddalone taking punches, the referee stepped in and called and end to the bout with blood streaming out of the cut under the veteran's left eye.
- Tyson Fury 18-0 (13 KOs) vs. Vinny Maddalone 35-7 (26 KOs)
- Fury entered ranked as the No. 9 heavyweight contender by The Ring Magazine. Maddalone, an 11.5/1 betting underdog, was unranked by the same publication.
- At 245.5 pounds, Fury was fighting at the lightest weight of his professional career to date.
- Maddalone entered with a record of 4-3 in his previous seven bouts.
- It was the fifth knockout loss of Maddalone's professional career.
- "I knew it was a matter of time. I actually called the referee over, he was taking some big shots. I'm still undefeated. I would like to say I'm ready for anyone in the world. Klitschkos, bring them on. Americans, bring them on. Bring on Tomasz Adamek. He's too small for me and I see an early win for me." - Tyson Fury
- "It (a Klitschko fight) is getting closer. Two, maybe three (fights away). We'll go into that fight when he's ready to do a job on them. We're still one fight at a time. He's 23. To pull off a result like that tonight was unbelievable. That was a masterclass. I'm liking Adamek (next), either here or in the US." - Fury's promoter Mick Hennessy