Tyson Fury vs. Kevin Johnson
(Redirected from Fight:1744496)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tyson Fury 248 lbs beat Kevin Johnson 240 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 2012-12-01
- Location: Odyssey Arena, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Judge: Terry O'Connor 119-108
- Referee: Howard John Foster
- Judge: Marcus McDonnell 119-110
- Judge: Steve Gray 119-108
Tyson Fury versus Kevin Johnson WBC Heavyweight Eliminator
- Boxrec # 7 Fury won with superior jabs, combinations, body work, activity, and circling movement, a solid performance. Johnson did not throw punches often, fighting only to survive.
- Fury deducted one point by the referee for hitting on the break, accounting for the only point on the scorecards Fury lost during the bout.
- For the second consecutive time, heavyweight Johnson loses a decision in the United Kingdom.
- The fight was originally scheduled to be Tyson Fury vs. Denis Boytsov, but Boytsov's backed out, deciding that their fighter was not ready yet. Kevin Johnson took the fight on about 18 days' notice.