Jump to navigation Jump to search
Daniel Jacobs 161 lbs beat Chris Fitzpatrick 164 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 5 of 8
- Date: 2012-12-01
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Judge: Robin Taylor 50-45
- Referee: Steve Willis
- Judge: Carlos Ortiz Jr 50-45
- Judge: John Signorile 50-45
Daniel Jacobs versus Irish Chris Fitzpatrick
- Jacobs wins every round on jabs and power punches. Fitzpatrick landed some counters to the body occasionally when he could get inside, which was not often.
- In the second round, Fitzpatrick leaned forward coming in and their was an accidental clash of heads, reopening the forehead cut he sustained against Patrick Majewski in his previous bout in Atlantic City earlier in 2012
- Jacobs wins after round five as Fitzpatrick quits on his stool. Cut not a factor in this bout as in Atlantic City, where Fitzpatrick wanted to continue when the referee stopped it.
- Second comeback win for former middleweight contender Jacobs after a 19 month hiatus after recovering from cancer surgery, fought on the undercard to Miguel Cotto versus Austin Trout main event at Madison Square Garden.