Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado
Gennady Golovkin 160 lbs beat Gabriel Rosado 159 lbs by TKO at 2:46 in round 7 of 12
- Date: 2013-01-19
- Location: Madison Square Garden Theater, New York, New York, USA
- Judge: Glenn Feldman 60-54
- Referee: Steve Smoger
- Judge: Tom Miller 59-55
- Judge: John Poturaj 60-54
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark
- World Boxing Association Middleweight Title (6th defense by Golovkin)
Gennady Golovkin forced a seventh-round stoppage against a bloodied, but spirited Gabriel Rosado in defense of WBA middleweight title.
Golovkin opened a cut to Rosado's left eye in the second round and by the end of the fifth the challenger's face was bloodied and swollen. A short right hand staggered Rosado in the sixth and a follow-up barrage worsened the cut to Rosado's left eye. By the end of the round, Rosado was "a bloody mess."
The fight ended in Round 7, when Rosado's corner came upon the ring apron and threw in the towel. At time of the stoppage, Rosado was being hit and mostly looking to avoid exchanges.
- Gennady Golovkin 24-0 (21 KOs) vs. Gabriel Rosado 21-5 (13 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel Garcia.
- Golovkin entered ranked as the #3 middleweight contender according to The Ring Magazine. Rosado, a 9-to-1 betting underdog, was unranked by the same publication.  
- It was the first fight for Rosado at the 160-pound limit since July of 2010.
- At the time of the stoppage, Golovkin led on the judges' scorecards 60-54, 60-54, 59-55.