Richard Abril vs. Sharif Bogere
(Redirected from Fight:1763328)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Richar Abril 134 lbs beat Sharif Bogere 134 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 2013-03-02
- Location: Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, The Joint, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Judge: Patricia Morse Jarman 116-110
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 115-111
- Judge: Chris Wilson 116-110
- Referee: Russell Mora
- Aired On: Showtime (Main Event)
- World Boxing Association World Lightweight Title (1st defense by Abril)
- Richard Abril 17-3-1 (8 KOs) vs. Sharif Bogere 23-0 (15 KOs)
- Abril entered as the #5 lightweight contender in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Bogere, a 1.7-to-1 underdog, was ranked #7 by the same publication.  
- Abril was allowed to keep the interim title and was upgraded to regular champion by the WBA despite his debatable loss to Brandon Rios on April 14th, 2012.
- This fight was originally scheduled for Nov. 24, but Bogere injured his Achilles tendon, causing the delay.
- At 5'11, Abril held a five-inch height advantage over the 5'6 Bogere.
- After his controversial split decision loss to Brandon Ríos, the WBA allowed Abril to keep his interim title and elevated him to regular champion 4 days prior to his fight against Bogere.