Lamont Peterson vs. Kendall Holt
Lamont Peterson 139 lbs beat Kendall Holt 140 lbs by TKO at 1:42 in round 8 of 12
- Date: 2013-02-22
- Location: DC Armory, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
- Judge: Glenn Feldman
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Alex Levin
- Judge: Michael Pernick
- Ring Announcer: Marc Lichtenfeld
- Aired On: ESPN Friday Night Fights (Main Event)
- International Boxing Federation Light Welterweight Title (1st defense by Peterson)
Lamont Peterson overcame a sluggish start, floored Kendall Holt two times, and forced a stoppage to successfully defend his IBF light welterweight title in front of his home crowd.
Peterson sealed the win in the eighth when a barrage with Holt against the ropes caused referee Tony Weeks to step in and end it.
The challenger Holt likely earned the first three rounds outworking Peterson, who seemed tentative.
Holt opened the fourth round looking to step up the pace, but seemed to tire by the midway point and the champion took advantage. A right hand to the side of the head sent Holt down to all fours in the final minute of the round. He remained down on a knee before getting to his feet at the count of eight.
Peterson controlled the action from then on.
A series of punches from Peterson late in Round 6 caused Holt to take a knee for another eight count.
- Lamont Peterson 30-1-1 (15 KOs) vs. Kendall Holt 28-5 (16 KOs)
- Holt entered as a 3.1-to-1 betting underdog. 
- It was the first fight for Peterson since December of 2011; a layoff of 14 months. Prior to his rematch with Khan in May 2012, Peterson tested positive for PEDs after injecting synthetic testosterone in his hip.
- Holt entered having not fought in 11 months and with a record of 2-1 in his previous three bouts at junior welterweight.*Holt's promoter Gary Shaw won the fight in a purse bid for the minimum $50,000. 
- Lamont Peterson made $37,500, while Holt received $12,500 for the fight.
- Holt received this world-title shot after top contender Zab Judah turned it down in favor of a fight with Danny Garcia.