Gennady Golovkin vs. Nobuhiro Ishida
Gennady Golovkin 159 lbs beat Nobuhiro Ishida 159 lbs by KO at 2:20 in round 3 of 12
- Date: 2013-03-30
- Location: Salle des Étoiles, Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Referee: Stanley Christodoulou
- Judge: John Coyle 20-18
- Judge: Ricardo Duncan 20-18
- Judge: Guillermo Perez Pineda 20-18
- World Boxing Association World Middleweight Title (7th defense by Golovkin)
Gennady Golovkin successfully defended his WBA Middleweight Titles with an impressive third-round knockout win over challenger Nobuhiro Ishida.
An overhand right from the champion sent a backpedaling Ishida down, out cold, and halfway out of the ring. The referee did not begin a count and immediately waved an end to the bout.
Ishida, who's head had to be supported momentarily by those sitting ringside, did regain consciousness quickly and was kept down in the ring for some time to recover.
- Gennady Golovkin 25-0 (22 KOs) vs. Nobuhiro Ishida 24-8-2 (9 KOs)
- Golovkin entered as the # 2 middleweight contender in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Ishida, a 22.5-to-1 betting underdog, was unranked by the same publication.  
- Ishida entered with a record of 2-3 in his previous five bouts and was coming off a wide points loss to Dmitry Pirog (19-0), eleven months prior.