Paul Spadafora vs. Robert Frankel
(Redirected from Fight:1782400)
Paul Spadafora 140 lbs beat Robert Frankel 139 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Date: 2013-04-06
- Location: Mountaineer Casino Racetrack and Resort, Chester, West Virginia, USA
- Judge: Rex Agin 99-91
- Judge: Vince Gurrera 97-93
- Judge: James Tiu 98-92
- NABF Light Welterweight Title (Vacant title)
- Unanimous decision for Spadafora, who wins the vacant NABF Super Lightweight title and gains a WBC top five world ranking.
- Frankel wins two of the first three rounds as the busier fighter, as an aging Spadafora appeared to be ring rusty.
- Spadafora wins the next seven consecutive rounds behind a consistent jab and impenetrable defense.
- Spadafora goes to 48-0-1. Spadafora accomplished being undefeated in 48 or more bouts, a feat very rarely accomplished in professional boxing history since the Marquess of Queensberry rules were established in 1865, and gloves boxing were promoted by exhibition by English bare knuckles boxing champion Jem Mace between 1868 and 1909. Other professional fighters undefeated in 48 or more pro bouts were Jimmy Barry, Nino Benvenuti, Yory Boy Campas, Julio Cesar Chavez, Larry Holmes, Chris John, Nino LaRocca, Ricardo Lopez, Rocky Marciano, Dariusz Michalczewski, Brian Nielsen, Ruben Olivares, and Willie Pep.
Jean vs. Rivera
| NABF Light Welterweight Title Fight
Dulorme vs. Mayfield