Richard Pumicpic vs. Junior Bajawa
(Redirected from Fight:1788275)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Richard Pumicpic 118 lbs beat Junior Bajawa 117 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Date: 2013-04-21
- Location: Muntinlupa Sports Complex, Barangay Tunasan, Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Referee: Bruce McTavish
- Judge: Virgilio Garcia 98-92
- Judge: Romeo Yulo 99-91
- Judge: Jerrold Tomeldan 98-92
- WBC Youth Silver Bantamweight Title (1st defense by Pumicpic)
- Richard Pumicpic 11-5-2 (4 KOs) vs. Junior Bajawa 14-1 (7 KOs)
- Pumicpic entered as the WBC #40 bantamweight contender.
- Pumicpic is coming off an eighth-round majority draw against Yohei Tobe in Japan more than two months ago, while Bajawa is coming off a seventh-round technical knockout of Paulus Baransano about a month and a half ago.
- This is Pumicpic's first bout against an Indonesian fighter, as well as Bajawa's first against a Filipino fighter.
- Bajawa has an 0-1 record in fights outside his native Indonesia, suffering a loss against Omari Kimweri in Australia more than a year and a half ago.