Dick Tiger vs. Bob Foster
(Redirected from Fight:17902)
Bob Foster 173 lbs beat Dick Tiger 168 lbs by KO at 2:05 in round 4 of 15
- Date: 1968-05-24
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Judge: Tony Castellano
- Judge: Artie Aidala 2-1
- Referee: Mark Conn
- World Boxing Association Light Heavyweight Title (3rd defense by Tiger)
- World Boxing Council Light Heavyweight Title (3rd defense by Tiger)
- Photo #2, Photo #3, Photo #4, Photo #5
- Foster was a 11-5 favorite.
- Foster was seven inches taller than Tiger and had an eight-inch reach advantage.
- A crowd of 11,547 produced a gross gate of $113,728. The net gate was about $107,000, with $25,000 more coming in for ancillary rights, including television. Foster collected 60% of this—about $79,200—and paid Tiger $100,000, for a loss of $20,800.
- The Associated Press gave Foster the first three rounds.
- Foster put Tiger flat on his back with a left hook in round four, and Tiger was counted out for the only time in his career.