Tomasz Adamek vs. Dominick Guinn
(Redirected from Fight:1806501)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tomasz Adamek 221 lbs beat Dominick Guinn 243 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Date: 2013-08-03
- Location: Mohegan Sun Casino, Uncasville, Connecticut, USA
- Judge: Glenn Feldman 98-92
- Judge: Don Trella 99-91
- Referee: Danny Schiavone
- Judge: John McKaie 99-91
- Ring Announcer: Joe Antonacci
- Aired On: NBC Sports Net
- Tomasz Adamek 48-2 (29 KOs) vs. Dominick Guinn 34-9-1 (23 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Curtis Stevens vs. Saul Roman.
- Adamek entered as the # 5 heavyweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Guinn was unranked by the same publication. Adamek entered also as the WBC # 9 & IBF # 12 heavyweight contender.
- Guinn took the fight on two weeks notice as a late replacement for Tony Grano, who backed out citing an injury.
- Guinn entered as a 14-to-1 betting underdog. 
- At 243 pounds, Guinn was fighting at the heaviest weight of his professional career to date.
- It was the first fight for Guinn since June of 2012, a layoff of 14 months.
- The two men previously served as sparring partners for one another.
- A clash of heads in the final seconds of the third round opened a gash above the right eye of Guinn. Guinn's corner did well to control the bleeding from the sizable cut, but in the latter rounds Guinn's right eye was nearly swollen shut.