Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. Sod Kokietgym
(Redirected from Fight:1882950)
Guillermo Rigondeaux 121 lbs beat Anusorn Yotjan 122 lbs by KO at 1:44 in round 1 of 12
- Date: 2014-07-19
- Location: Cotai Arena, Venetian Resort, Macao, Macao
- Judge: Dennis Nelson
- Judge: Glenn Feldman
- Referee: Mark Nelson
- Judge: John Poturaj
- Promoter: Top Rank
- World Boxing Association Super World Super Bantamweight Title (Rigondeaux defending)
- World Boxing Organization Super Bantamweight Title (Rigondeaux defending)
- Full fight while it lasted in Macao: Rigondeaux versus Kokietgym []
- Kokietgym hit the canvas due to a hard, accidental head-butt and was granted some time to recover, but not enough by the referee.
- When the action was suddenly resumed, as the two fighters touched gloves, Rigondeaux with the left glove and Kokietgym with the right in what appeared to be a gesture of good sportsmanship, Rigondeaux simultaneously threw an ungentlemanly 'sucker punch' right hook to end the fight while they touched gloves with the other glove. The punch, however rude, appeared legal. The abrupt ending of the bout resembled the strange ending of the welterweight world title bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. versus Victor Ortiz in Las Vegas.
- Guillermo Rigondeaux 13-0 (8 KOs) vs. Sod Kokietgym 63-2-1 (28 KOs)
- Kokietgym opened as a 28-to-1 betting underdog. 
- Rigondeaux entered as the junior featherweight champion of the world according to The Ring Magazine. Kokietgym was unranked by the same publication. 
- It was the first professional fight for Rigondeaux outside of the United States.
- Kokietgym entered having not lost in over eight years.
- Source: "Rigondeaux Stops Kokietgym" ESPN.com (July 19, 2014) Article