Ricky Burns 135 lbs lost to Dejan Zlaticanin 134 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 2014-06-27
- Location: Braehead Arena, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Judge: John Keane 115-113
- Judge: Predrag Aleksic 113-115
- Judge: Gerald Ritter 113-115
- Referee: Hector Afu
- Not a close bout, despite the scoring. Zlaticanin landed big left hooks all night, winning at least seven of the 12 rounds.
- A frustrated Burns resorted to holding throughout the bout, unable to stop the shorter Zlaticanin's shots from landing.
- Ricky Burns, unable to win in his previous three bouts in the United Kingdom, falls from world title contention.
- Fought for the World Boxing Council International Lightweight title and also a final WBC world title eliminator.
- 19-0 Montenegro lightweight Zlaticanin knocks Burns in first round for seven count, scores a startling 12 round split decision win.
- Upset of the Year in United Kingdom. American and Montenegro judges had it for Zlaticanin. British judge had it for Burns.
- Sixth consecutive WBC regional title bout victory for Zlaticanin, who rose to number ten in the BoxRec worldwide ratings.
- Boxing News 24 account of bout online, 'Zlaticanin decisions Ricky Burns, Putting Burns Career in Ruins' []