Jump to navigation Jump to search
Alexander Povetkin 225 lbs beat Manuel Charr 247 lbs by KO at 1:09 in round 7 of 12
- Date: 2014-05-30
- Location: Luzhniki, Moscow, Russia
- Referee: Massimo Barrovecchio
- Judge: Predrag Aleksic
- Judge: Esa Lehtosaari
- Judge: Alejandro Rochin
- First bout for former WBA World Heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin in eight months since losing to Wladimir Klitschko.
- Manuel 'Diamond Boy' Charr, on a five bout winning streak since losing to Vitali Klitschko, beat Kevin Johnson six weeks earlier.
- In the main event of a six bout card in Moscow, former WBA World Heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin won the vacant WBC Silver Heavyweight title with an impressive seventh round knockout of Manuel Charr. Using consistent jabs, Charr landed on Povetkin the entire bout but kept getting rocked by inside uppercuts. A left-right-left combination by Povetkin put Charr down and out on his back at 1:09 of round 7.