Lamont Peterson vs. Edgar Santana
(Redirected from Fight:1901847)
Lamont Peterson 140 lbs beat Edgar Santana 140 lbs by TKO at 2:48 in round 10 of 12
- Date: 2014-08-09
- Location: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Judge: Stanley Christodoulou 90-81
- Judge: Don Trella 90-80
- Referee: Pete Santiago
- Judge: Eric Marlinski 90-81
- IBF World Super Lightweight Title (3rd defense by Peterson)
- Promoters: Oscar De La Hoya (Golden Boy Promotions), Lou DiBella (DiBella Entertainment)
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing
- Peterson dominated the fight landing straight right hands and hard hooks to the body.
- Santana showed a good chin and threw good power punches but was unable to land much.
- Peterson fought a smart fight on the inside as well as the outside moving when ever he pleased.
- The fight was stopped by the ringside doctor Barry Jordan in Round 10 as Santana was taking punishment.