Chris Algieri 146 lbs beat Erick Bone 146 lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Date: 2015-12-05
- Location: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Judge: Julie Lederman 95-94
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 97-92
- Referee: Danny Schiavone
- Judge: Ron McNair 97-92
- First win in 18 months for former WBO World Welterweight champion and World Martial Arts champion Algieri.
- Hard fought world class highly competitive bout on Peter Quillin versus Daniel Jacobs untelevised undercard.
- Both fighters had their moments. Algieri was simply the busier fighter, throwing and landing more punches in eight of the rounds, but it wasn't easy. Bone had excellent hand speed and foot movement. Algieri won the bout on points on press row, however the eighth round knockout from a punch behind the shoulder occurred when Bone tripped over Algieri's front right foot and tumbled backwards to the canvas, ruled a knockdown. The knockdown could be appealed with the NYSAC, however Algieri clearly won the bout with or without the knockdown point, though Bone was busy in every round, and kept the bout close enough to make Algieri fight with him in every round. Good matchup. Bone appeared to at least win the first round and maybe one of the closer rounds. The two scorecards of 97-92 appeared correct. Algieri won on the number of punches landed.