Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kermit Cintron 154 lbs beat Eduardo Flores 157 lbs by UD in round 6 of 6
- Date: 2016-05-06
- Location: 2300 Arena, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Judge: Larry Hazzard Jr 60-54
- Judge: Bernard Bruni 60-54
- Referee: Blair Talmadge
- Judge: Dave Braslow 60-54
- Fought at middleweight, as Flores weighed in over 156 pounds.
- In a post fight interview, Cintron said he intended to go back to welterweight in the near future. Cintron, who had not a mark on him, said he was happy to get some rounds in after the layoff, and felt fine.
- Former WBO and IBF World Welterweight champion Kermit Cintron made a comeback after a 25 month layoff due to a hand injury, with a six round decision over shorter journeyman Eduardo Flores. Cintron used crisp body shots to break Flores down, who took Cintron's best shots and kept coming. Flores, unable to get inside and land punch of consequence, turned the bout dirty, wrestling and holding, and hitting behind the head off the break. Cintron was warned several times during the brawl, and settled for winning an easy decision. Cintron got in some rounds, and Flores earned his paycheck, swinging with some counters but rarely landing.