Deontay Wilder vs. Chris Arreola
(Redirected from Fight:2083567)
Deontay Wilder 226 lbs beat Chris Arreola 246 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 8 of 12
- Date: 2016-07-16
- Location: Legacy Arena, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
- Referee: Jack Reiss
- Judge: Mike Ross 80-71
- Judge: David Hudson 80-71
- Judge: Joel Scobie 79-72
- WBC World heavyweight title
- Arreola was down on one knee in round four, but he beat the count. Arreola's face and nose were bloody by round eight, affecting his vision, rendering him unable to continue on. Arreola does not answer the bell for round nine, ending the WBC world title contest in Wilder's favor.
- Wilder stated after the bout his right hand was broken, and he tore a muscle. He did not use his right hand much after knocking Arreola down.