Robert Easter Jr vs. Richard Commey
(Redirected from Fight:2094551)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Robert Easter Jr 134 lbs beat Richard Commey 135 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Date: 2016-09-09
- Location: Santander Arena, Reading, Pennsylvania, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr
- Judge: Ron McNair 115-112
- Judge: John McKaie 113-114
- Judge: Craig Smith 114-113
- Promoter: Marshall Kauffman (King's Promotions)
- Aired On: Spike TV
- vacant IBF World lightweight title
- Candidate for Premier Boxing Champions Fight of the Year.
- Easter's glove touched in round eight therefore it was ruled a knockdown.
- Easter kept a wide stance, and slipped around the ring at times.
- Easter and Comney fought a competitive close bout which appeared difficult to score.
- Commey started strong in the early rounds, getting side of the taller Easter and scoring with jabs.
- From round five onwards, Easter had a slight advantage as he landed the more effective blows.
- Controversial split decision. The crowd cheered for Easter. Scoring appeared neutral and fair for all rounds.