Daniel Jacobs vs. Sergio Mora (2nd meeting)
(Redirected from Fight:2096178)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Daniel Jacobs 159 lbs beat Sergio Mora 159 lbs by TKO at 2:08 in round 7 of 12
- Date: 2016-09-09
- Location: Santander Arena, Reading, Pennsylvania, USA
- Judge: Julie Lederman 60-52
- Referee: Gary Rosato
- Judge: John Poturaj 60-52
- Judge: Dave Braslow 60-52
World Boxing Association World Middleweight Title
- Jacobs retained title. Jorge Sebastian Heiland won on the undercard, remaining on contention for a shot at Jacobs' WBA world title.
- Mora fought a much better fight in the rematch, in the sense he had better movement and ran to avoid Jacobs power.
- Jacobs, fighting a notch above Mora, soon cut off the ring and broke Mora down, with Mora having nowhere to hide.
- Mora down once in rounds 4 and 5, and down three times in round 7, with the referee ending the contest. No complaint from Mora's corner.
- Former world heavyweight champion Michael Moorer, Adrien Broner, Antonio Tarver and Randy Neumann were in attendance.