Heather Hardy 125 lbs beat Shelly Vincent 125 lbs by MD in round 10 of 10
- Date: 2016-08-21
- Location: Ford Amphitheater, Coney Island, New York, USA
- Referee: Gary Rosato
- Judge: Bernard Bruni 99-91
- Judge: Joseph Pasquale 95-95
- Judge: Robert Perez 97-93
Referee: Gary Rosato
Vacant World Boxing Council International Female Featherweight Title
- World Boxing Council Supervisor: Jill Diamond. WBC and WBA Female World Featherweight title elimination bout, with Lou DiBella fighter Hardy to fight the winner of upcoming bout between World Boxing Council and World Boxing Association World Female Featherweight champion 36-10-1 Jelena Mrdjenovich of Canada and 14-0 top ranked female challenger Gaelle Amand of France, their female world title bout scheduled for October 8, 2016.
- In the long anticipated battle of Lou DiBella female featherweight prospects, Heather Hardy won the bout outright with a higher punches landed ratio and by landing the more effective blows. Scoring did not appear neutral and fair, with one judge scoring the bout 95-95, with another scoring the bout 99-91 for Hardy. Vincent appeared to win at least three or four rounds, but the rounds were close. Hardy appeared to win the last two rounds as Vincent, who worked her way inside in the earlier rounds, began to slow down and was not throwing as much. Hardy mostly fought Vincent's game, slugging it out on the inside. Neither fighter had a knockout punch, so the ten rounder became a test of superior condition, greater aggression and durability, won by Hardy overall.
- Vincent cut on corner of left eye by a punch thrown by Hardy in sixth round, and it was bleeding off the corner in the seventh round before the Vincent corner controlled the cut. Vincent's vision was not affected, and the cut did not affect the outcome.
- Vincent had been challenging Hardy for this competitive bout for years, eventually getting signed by DiBella Entertainment and making the bout a reality. Both fighters generated enough interest to nearly sell out the cheering house at Ford Amphitheater. Vincent felt she won the bout, and stated afterwards "I in no way lost that fight!!!!! I knew going into New York (Brooklyn, where the bout was held, is Hardy's hometown territory) what it (the situation) was. Stevie Wonder can see all those numbers (judge's scorecards) were bogus." Vincent also stated she would only agree to a rematch in the future, if it occurs, in her hometown of Providence, Rhode Island.